Wendy's new fries - "Nature-cut with sea salt"

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2010 5:22 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1955 upvotes
Elmira
Their old fries were possibly the worst out of any chain IMO.. I mean they're all junk food but Wendys fries were so soggy all the time
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8587 posts
5370 upvotes
With fast food chains, it's always hit or miss. Like in general, I actually usually enjoy Mcdonald's fries, but over the years, plenty of times they've disappointed me, even though most of the time, they're pretty good for a fast food, frozen french fry.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
825 upvotes
Newmarket
HP_John wrote: With fast food chains, it's always hit or miss. Like in general, I actually usually enjoy Mcdonald's fries, but over the years, plenty of times they've disappointed me, even though most of the time, they're pretty good for a fast food, frozen french fry.

Ya, the thing I find about McD's fries is the window of opportunity for eating these things is very small. After about 5mins, once they've cooled, they return to their normal state...a starchy petrified wood-like substance.
Aug 12, 2010
141 posts
9 upvotes
stealth wrote: (KFC for instance....wayy too greasy and fake tasting. I gag just thinking about the smell of them).
While I do agree with KFC's fries being greasy and fake-tasting, I'm ashamed to say that this makes them unbearably addicting to me. It's like freaking crack. They are absolutely delicious, especially with the gravy. Wow.

But yeah, they definitely don't taste like "real" fries in any way. Interestingly enough KFC in the U.S. doesn't sell fries, only wedges.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1995 posts
473 upvotes
the new fries were okay, just like anything else but way too salty just like McD fries way to salty.
can't even taste the difference between regular salkt and sea salt. Ofcourse the "seasalt" is just a sales pitch.
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
25 upvotes
wendy's old fries were the best i hope these aren't too different
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
25 upvotes
i don't like that coating they put on the fries at KFC - they use the same stuff at A&W too - its quite harsh on my teeth and you bitw down on hard bits too often - yuck

i like soft fries more but well cooked ones so they have a natural crisp not a coated crisp

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)