Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wendy's

Free Dave's Single with Purchase of Medium Fries (Mobile App)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 4:22 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1337 posts
1406 upvotes
It’s not intuitive but also binary. Add coupon and add fries. No burger in cart. So add burger and fries then apply the coupon offer.

It should prompt you to add the burger or add automatically to validate offer for improved customer experience. But you can see the total that is going to be charged to your credit card. In any mobile app be it DoorDash, SkipTheDishes, Harvey’s, McDonald’s etc you don’t checkout and pay if things don’t look correct.

Ubereats, DoorDash and SkipTheDishes could be bad examples because early on the total did look right but then quirky processing occurs and the payment is not properly charged. Complaints and credit card companies seemed to have resolved that nonsense by probably reversing charges, penalty fees and violating terms/fraud, etc.

That is not the case here. You see the offer as part of your cart and applied discount. If it’s missing don’t assume. Heck ask them at the drive thru window versus effort at the window to resolve because they are correct... app stuff is via corporate customer service for any chain and above their pay grade. Also don’t blame or get frustrated with them. Imagine how frustrating you are to them with the steady stream of folk who can’t figure out food apps and promotions driving them crazy for free burgers.
Oct 26, 2009
143 posts
95 upvotes
i used it twice already, is this unlimited offer till end of the month?
Dec 18, 2019
487 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered yesterday, thanks OP!
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2417 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
j_c1226 wrote: i used it twice already, is this unlimited offer till end of the month?
Seems to be unlimited. I'd mention how many times I've redeemed it already, but I don't need you guys judging me...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5185 posts
6021 upvotes
Todays Dave Single looked smaller than usual :(
Dec 24, 2017
122 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
j_c1226 wrote: i used it twice already, is this unlimited offer till end of the month?
how did you use it twice? I dont have that offer anymore after using it once.
Oct 26, 2009
143 posts
95 upvotes
s22hot18 wrote: how did you use it twice? I dont have that offer anymore after using it once.
i used it first 2 weeks ago, and Wednesday i opened the app it showed up again, n it worked
Dec 25, 2015
27 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
s22hot18 wrote: how did you use it twice? I dont have that offer anymore after using it once.
I think it's YMMV (or a glitch in the app). I already used it three times and the coupon is still there. I use an iphone.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3175 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
I still wouldn't buy this unless it's ANY purchase. I remember when it was last year, FREE Wendy's Chicken burger I would only buy the small Frosty for $0.99.
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
thats last year? i'd much rather have the spicy chicken then this dave single! its gross without bacon!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 3, 2013
879 posts
1561 upvotes
Toronto
Thank OP. $3.03 for the fries. Burger was pretty good.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1314 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: thats last year? i'd much rather have the spicy chicken then this dave single! its gross without bacon!
80 cents for bacon. Still a good deal and they put a fair bit of bacon unlike mcdicks who give you two little tiny strips for a buck fity
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Weird as hell, I signed up for an account but the app somehow keeps on insisting I'm in US. Won't let me change location in settings either to Canada.

Enabled location services as well and it would keep on saying mobile ordering not available in your area (I'm in GTA).

Oh wells, maybe this is someones way of telling me to stop being a pig Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 3, 2021
15 posts
10 upvotes
PiZZaBoY7000 wrote: This was a huge pain in the ass!

I tried twice to get the free single and both time I took a large fries and both times the Dave single wasn't added....

Not only it wasn't added but the Wendy's didn't want to reimburse me because they said I paid online...i had to contact customers service tell them what they told me... CS said they had to reimburse me

So for a free burger that I didn't get it took me nearly 45min...
I mean it does say on the coupon you have to buy medium fries... Doesn't say medium or large...
I've used the coupon multiple times and had no issues by just adding the burger and fries to the cart.
Jul 24, 2019
69 posts
40 upvotes
The BK free whopper deal is better. unlimited with creating new accounts.
$2.69 for double cheese burger + free whopper.

probably the best deal calorie wise - even taste (for some).
Jul 24, 2019
69 posts
40 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote: Try adding the burger to your cart.
Yes this was the problem.
The app itself needs some work.
If you compare the BK app with the Wendy's -- BK app is far superior -- the coupon will add
the burger itself and will display a proper error message if needed.

IMO, the Wendy's franchise does not have enough capital to invest in a proper QA or coding company to make a good bug-free app.
Oct 23, 2017
90 posts
118 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Seems to be unlimited. I'd mention how many times I've redeemed it already, but I don't need you guys judging me...
I use it 3 times a day with no shame.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
micqqq wrote: I use it 3 times a day with no shame.
Yesterday I held up the drive thru for 10 minutes picking up 6 orders at once

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)