Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wendy's

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich $3 January 6 - January 26

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2020 10:11 pm
Jun 15, 2019
133 posts
227 upvotes
Got my last free fries + $3 spicy chicken sandwich just now. Gonna miss this deal!
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2009
1110 posts
1048 upvotes
Toronto
I was pleasantly surprised by them... Hadn't been to Wendy's in years, but thought it was good value at $3... Wouldn't pay the regular $6 though.
Sep 10, 2017
125 posts
167 upvotes
For those who found this too "spicy" or "peppery", culinary knowledge knows you can fight heat with acid. Should have added pickles to it.

My go to on this is Spicy Chicken + Onion + Extra Pickle. It's divine.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote: Shit, dude, stop using ellipsis, you're not only using them wrong, it's annoying AF and unnecessary.
Sorry ... habit ...

Some smoke .. abuse substance ... I use those ...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
Timbo420 wrote: Shit, dude, stop using ellipsis, you're not only using them wrong, it's annoying AF and unnecessary.
Just read it in a William Shatner voice and it all makes sense.
Dec 31, 2008
414 posts
378 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Darkman wrote: I expected it to be "Spicy" (as in "Pleasantly Spicy"... take Mc'D's McChicken for example ... it's somewhat spicy .. but pleasantly spicy) .. I didn't expect it to be so "Over-Spiced" ...
Darkman wrote: When I was eating my spicy sandwich ... I tried to kill the "over-pepperness" in my mouth with that Cold fresh Pepsi Zero .. but it actually made my mouth burn even more ... Soooooo .. I actually took the empty cup and poured some regular water into it ... and then finished my sandwich ... washing it down quite often with that water ... even went for 2nd cup of water.
LOL, I'm a bit late to this, but if you think the McD's McChicken is even "somewhat spicy", and you thought drinking a carbonated beverage would reduce the spiciness instead of making it worse, you are clearly a spice rookie. Glad you managed to figure out that water works better (and so does milk BTW).
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
svattom wrote: LOL, I'm a bit late to this, but if you think the McD's McChicken is even "somewhat spicy", and you thought drinking a carbonated beverage would reduce the spiciness instead of making it worse, you are clearly a spice rookie. Glad you managed to figure out that water works better (and so does milk BTW).
I hear you ... Maybe I expressed myself not accurately enough (as I type fast ... I just tend to type away) ... I had nice and fresh and cold 591 ml bottle of Pepsi Zero ( freebie! ) ... I planned to open it and have it while eating chicken sandwich ... -- so I did, without thinking much about it really ... then when i discovered that it's not going too well with that "spicy" sandwich, I correctly assumed that some water will help .. and it did, to a point :)

As to McD's McChicken being a little spicy / pleasantly spicy ... we are talking now about TWO different spicy ... Spicy could be hot / peppered / over-peppered ... and at the same time, in my world anyhow, spicy represents not just "plain" ... but different "spices" added to food, to make it more tasty :)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
svattom wrote: LOL, I'm a bit late to this, but if you think the McD's McChicken is even "somewhat spicy", and you thought drinking a carbonated beverage would reduce the spiciness instead of making it worse, you are clearly a spice rookie. Glad you managed to figure out that water works better (and so does milk BTW).
Jews don't consume milk with meat ...

... I am not really religious (just know my roots) ... and I am surely ain't kosher, but I try not to "mix" meat and milk when eating ... -- Don't really like the taste of that mixture, and I think they believe you should try not to consume it together for some valid reason, lol :)
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as
Goodnight sweet princess. I crushed way too many of these.
Dec 31, 2008
414 posts
378 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Darkman wrote: I hear you ... Maybe I expressed myself not accurately enough (as I type fast ... I just tend to type away) ... I had nice and fresh and cold 591 ml bottle of Pepsi Zero ( freebie! ) ... I planned to open it and have it while eating chicken sandwich ... -- so I did, without thinking much about it really ... then when i discovered that it's not going too well with that "spicy" sandwich, I correctly assumed that some water will help .. and it did, to a point :)

As to McD's McChicken being a little spicy / pleasantly spicy ... we are talking now about TWO different spicy ... Spicy could be hot / peppered / over-peppered ... and at the same time, in my world anyhow, spicy represents not just "plain" ... but different "spices" added to food, to make it more tasty :)
In that case I think a more accurate term would be "seasoned". IMO "spicy" refers specifically to the burning feeling, especially in food marketed as spicy. That's where the confusion/mockery is coming from.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
svattom wrote: In that case I think a more accurate term would be "seasoned". IMO "spicy" refers specifically to the burning feeling, especially in food marketed as spicy. That's where the confusion/mockery is coming from.
Yes ... I hear you ... "seasoned" is a better term, more likely (I like it better actually) ... My English isn't perfect ... even though I can get around with it generally ... as I came to Canada from Moscow, Russia :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)