Off Topic

Went back to work wow work ethic is done

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1659 posts
436 upvotes

Went back to work wow work ethic is done

Went back To work this week and it seems no one wants to work at all since some people getting paid at home and driving around all day on the streets, this covid has done damage to the economy and also people’s work ethic it’s like you got to retrain them lol and these people are 50-60. Once everything kinda goes back to normal Kinda people will still be dragginG their feet Since being off for 2 months is not good for anyone. The longer people are off the longer it takes to get back in WORK mode. Hopefully nothing like this happens again what a horrible shit experience.
40 replies
Jun 4, 2013
214 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
I been working from home so I think i will be fine when going back to the office.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4821 posts
676 upvotes
Calgary
I agree with OP. There are going to be lots of changes in work ethic, spending priorities, work vs life priorities, etc
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2527 posts
24666 upvotes
Toronto, ON
you don't go on vacations to unwind from work? seems like people are taking it easy during this, and I don't know how important your work is, but I'm sure you can't wait for it to be done. "whistle while you work".

I was pissed this morning too but was polite about it. Seems everyone is going off the tangent in this new dilemma. Who really likes themselves and likes work to think it's an extension of themselves? You apparently do.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1737 posts
285 upvotes
CardinalComb wrote: Fire them all!
Easier said than done. Some positions are very specific and knowledge is limited. Thats why I asked what industry is this...
On a side note, what does your signature mean? Why you mentioned "Please respond" , do you expect rfders to respond to each of your posts :-)
Apr 15, 2014
800 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CocoJambo wrote: Easier said than done. Some positions are very specific and knowledge is limited. Thats why I asked what industry is this...
On a side note, what does your signature mean? Why you mentioned "Please respond" , do you expect rfders to respond to each of your posts :-)
Its kind of an inside joke, I added it when I told my GF that threads tend to die after my post. It also sounds like a desperate guy texting a girl.
Please respond
Apr 15, 2014
800 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, aren't you supposed to be working at 10:53am instead of surfing RFD? LOL
Please respond
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3834 posts
1166 upvotes
WFH
If you're in a minimum wage job and you're the only one that's been recalled to work while your colleagues are "earning" $2k/mo to be at home baking bread and watching youtube videos I can understand why you might be a bit pissed. Even worse if it's a part time job and your cerb colleagues are being paid more than you. And to rub salt into the wound your employer is claiming cews and only actually paying $3.50/h for your services.

Justin's spend now think later approach has got this whole benefits thing pretty f***ed up.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13978 posts
2444 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think Covid 19 has anything to do with work ethic. I work from home and do the same if not more work and actually get more done since I am not spending 1 hour traveling.

Those who are slackers were doing the same level of work in the office before Covid 19. Those guys need to understand that with unemployment rates being the highest in 30 years, if they get canned, they are going to have a hard time getting work. Employers are not stupid and can measure productivity either remotely or others. Unless these guys have a union job and doing jack $hit is the norm, they may be in for a rude awakening.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2823 posts
192 upvotes
dirtmover wrote: If you're in a minimum wage job and you're the only one that's been recalled to work while your colleagues are "earning" $2k/mo to be at home baking bread and watching youtube videos I can understand why you might be a bit pissed. Even worse if it's a part time job and your cerb colleagues are being paid more than you. And to rub salt into the wound your employer is claiming cews and only actually paying $3.50/h for your services.

Justin's spend now think later approach has got this whole benefits thing pretty f***ed up.
Yes, that's the upsetting part. Some people are forced to work low wage part time jobs and can't take advantage of the pandemic benefits because it's essential work. But EVERYONE has to pay for the cost of the pandemic. It's hard to swallow for the ones who have to work but not get the benefits and still have to help pay it off. It's like not being invited to the party but you're going to be charged for portion of the party even though you didn't attend.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3680 posts
232 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
When bills start to mount up the work ethnics will return.Like it or not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)