• Apr 11th, 2022 9:22 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 30, 2017
695 posts
108 upvotes

West Brantford - Brant West by Losani

Hi everyone

I have bought a townhouse for 600k. It’s your standard 1200 square feet 3 bedroom townhouse

I am starting to get 2nd thoughts. Although I can afford it, it’s my first investment property that I am buying and its a bit of a guessing game. If you enlarge the map, there’s nothing really going on in brantford..

What do you think of the puchase and what do you think of the builder

Also what should I be looking for in the agreement that kind of raises your eyebrows? I heard some builders do a lot of shady stuff

Thank you very much
22 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1239 posts
72 upvotes
Eaglesfan99 wrote: Hi everyone

I have bought a townhouse for 600k. It’s your standard 1200 square feet 3 bedroom townhouse

I am starting to get 2nd thoughts. Although I can afford it, it’s my first investment property that I am buying and its a bit of a guessing game. If you enlarge the map, there’s nothing really going on in brantford..

Also what should I be looking for in the agreement that kind of raises your eyebrows? I heard some builders do a lot of shady stuff

Thank you very much
What kind of shady stuff? How many bathrooms are there?
[OP]
Jan 30, 2017
695 posts
108 upvotes
Hi thanks for your response

There is total 2.5 washrooms 1200 square feet

I just nervous .. don’t know wha to do
[OP]
Jan 30, 2017
695 posts
108 upvotes
hello99 wrote: What kind of shady stuff? How many bathrooms are there?
Shady stuff such as builder not making the house properly as in taking shortcuts
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1239 posts
72 upvotes
not sure how you can tell so much about shortcuts...did you see what kind of rental people get for similar townhomes in brantford? Are you planning to manage it yourself?
Apr 7, 2021
11 posts
5 upvotes
Losani Homes builder shows it's pride in building beautiful homes in all of its communities, less defects after closing, great incentives for repeat customers, quality finishing.
Brantford is growing city and many big companies already operation there like Ferrero, Apotex, P&G, Giant warehouse being built for Hershey in Brantford, Upfield Canada Inc. is expanding its operations and many more companies will expand from GTA to Brantford.

It's good a rental market there and there is still more room for property's value to go up in Brantford.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2017
695 posts
108 upvotes
wiwin8877 wrote: Losani Homes builder shows it's pride in building beautiful homes in all of its communities, less defects after closing, great incentives for repeat customers, quality finishing.
Brantford is growing city and many big companies already operation there like Ferrero, Apotex, P&G, Giant warehouse being built for Hershey in Brantford, Upfield Canada Inc. is expanding its operations and many more companies will expand from GTA to Brantford.

It's good a rental market there and there is still more room for property's value to go up in Brantford.
I don’t know you raise good points..

You have heard good things about Losani? I heard they r pretty bad builder?

Do you have links that show that Losani is a good builder.. any first hand experience
Jan 30, 2017
889 posts
229 upvotes
I build houses all over the GTA and my in-laws are in brantford with many friends who purchased in the brantford region and let me tell you that Losani is a really good builder from what I saw. Vs Liv communities and empire there losani is much better. I know lindvest is also starting to build in the area they may have good build as well, but you shouldn’t worry about losani. I may be also looking soon for a home in the area.
May 27, 2012
345 posts
163 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
ur order of operations is wrong.... should do all this prior to purchase.. now getting drunk, abuse ur favorite opiods and then head back to ur employment and count ur blessings
Apr 7, 2021
11 posts
5 upvotes
i read the news that Costco will be coming to Brantford and it has been confirmed. Costco's location at Lynden Park Mall..
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3571 posts
927 upvotes
wiwin8877 wrote: i read the news that Costco will be coming to Brantford and it has been confirmed. Costco's location at Lynden Park Mall..
not sure if confirmed, but as per their website it isn't listed: Costco Locations coming soon
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2020
1438 posts
2071 upvotes
Eaglesfan99 wrote: Hi everyone

Thank you very much
Hi there,
I think you will do well. Look at the prices and how far they have come. Of course there is some more growth there due to covid and prices became more competitive, that being said if you have an investor mindset and are looking for a long term hold you don't have to worry. I met someone who invested a lot in Brantford and did very well, he was able to rent out the places he owned with no issue and had a property management company look after his properties. Of course he told me he knew that the properties he had there would never appreciate as much as Toronto RE but he bought when Brantford was a lot cheaper.

Online there is tonnes of positive information about investing in Brantford. According to stats Canada their rental vacancy rate is 2.2% which is very good. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sure the market could correct, prices could stay stagnant or it could keep going up - who knows, but in the end what you do know is if you are doing a long term hold you will be in a good position.
Apr 7, 2021
11 posts
5 upvotes
LIV new Home Communities in Brantford is SOLD OUT with unprecedented demand! Property in Brantford area and Hamilton are still hot.
Apr 28, 2004
749 posts
78 upvotes
Brantford
I purchased a Losani freehold townhouse in Stoney Creek Mountain area. It was 3 years old with no issues at time of purchase and I had zero issues for the following 2 years I lived there.

As far as price goes, 600k for 1200sqft seems on the high side as there are 1400-1700sqft towns going for 600-650k in Brantford right now. Paris/Brantford is booming with housing, not so much retail or anything else exciting. I've lived in Brantford for a year now.
Jan 15, 2013
455 posts
466 upvotes
LIV Communities in Brantford had a new release for 2 and 3 story towns around 1600sq ft around $750k. Builder seems pretty bare bones (carpet everywhere including on stairs, halfwalls where railings would normally be etc.

What are your thoughts on the price? Closing not until 2024 so really banking on appreciation I guess
wiwin8877 wrote: LIV new Home Communities in Brantford is SOLD OUT with unprecedented demand! Property in Brantford area and Hamilton are still hot.
Jan 15, 2013
455 posts
466 upvotes
New release this weekend by Liv communities.

B2B towns 1275 sq ft 2 bedroom 1.5 bath starting at $750k
2 story towns 1400 sq ft starting at $830k
1500 sq ft semis starting at $940k

Seems pricey to me. Let’s see how sales go
Images
  • 3DDBC23B-4FF6-48D6-83CE-3AF32B55F246.jpeg
  • 3D56FDCE-F155-4CF6-B294-30FC93626D76.jpeg
  • 4F7BB63F-6241-417C-86B0-2B2675A6BAAE.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1395 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
zsj495 wrote: New release this weekend by Liv communities.

B2B towns 1275 sq ft 2 bedroom 1.5 bath starting at $750k
2 story towns 1400 sq ft starting at $830k
1500 sq ft semis starting at $940k

Seems pricey to me. Let’s see how sales go
Is it worth investing in this project?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)