• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2017 11:08 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1320 posts
111 upvotes

[Costco] Western Canada (AB BC) Ski Lift deals 2016/2017

Started couple days ago, we already have snow on the ground in Edmonton. For your planning/saving, here are some ski lift deals for 2016/2017 ski season from Costco:

Alberta:
Lake Louise, 2 adult lift tickets, $149.99, ($10 increase from previous year)
Marmot Basin, 2 day adult lift tickets for consecutive days only, $132.99 ($129.99 last year)
Sunshine Village, 3 ski tickets no blackout dates, $229.99 ($215.99 year before)
Norquay 2 adult lift tickets $89.99 (same price last year). Get 30% off on equipment rentals as well.

British Columbia:
Kimberley, 2 adult lift ticket, no blackout dates, $109.99 ($104.99 last year)
Fernie/Kicking Horse, 2 adult lift tickets anytime, $157.99 ($139.99 previous year)
Revelstoke, 2 adult lift tickets no blackout dates, $134.99 ($124.99 year before)

I included last year's prices for comparison. Hopefully, it(price increase) won't turn some of you off. Planning a Whistler trip in Feb 2017, do BC Costco has any deals? If you see other ski lift deals, please share with all of us below.

Thank you.
Intel 2600K @ 4.5Ghz / 8GB
Asus P8P67 DELUXE / Asus GTX 780
Antec 900 Mid Tower / Corsair H70 / XFX 850W Power Supply
67 replies
Aug 25, 2014
66 posts
53 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I took pictures of the cards at Costco for 3 of the hills that list all the discounts etc for those interested.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1320 posts
111 upvotes
Thanks for the pics. I got the pics on my phone, but too lazy to deal with RFD on image upload.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2409 posts
1100 upvotes
Edmonton
Also if you're a fan of Marmot in Jasper and go multiple times in a year I think their ESCAPE card is a smokin deal. Card is $75 but allows you to buy a lift ticket everyday all season at 50% off. Also has some other benefits......

https://www.skimarmot.com/Card
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1320 posts
111 upvotes
I had a look at the Escape card last month. 50%off sound good, but in reality it doesn't do anything for most of us. Since I don't go to Marmot more than 3 days/times, it doesn't save me anything.
Jul 27, 2006
204 posts
16 upvotes
happyplato wrote: I had a look at the Escape card last month. 50%off sound good, but in reality it doesn't do anything for most of us. Since I don't go to Marmot more than 3 days/times, it doesn't save me anything.
$75 + $45 + $45 + $45 = $210 for 3 days of skiing and then also 20% off junior lift tickets. Those $45 amounts are less for youth, student and seniors. The Costco deal would be $65 + $65 + $90 = $220. So if you're a youth, student, senior or have juniors with to save on, and are going to go at least 3x then I think the Escape card works out to be a better deal and you're not forced into 2 consecutive days. I'm from further away so we can take a gap between ski days that way. It's tough to get littles to ski 3 days in a row, but when we drive all that way, I like to get 3 days. LOL

I'd be interested in what other discounts the Costco deal is providing this year. I know last year it provided accommodation deals at some places. The Escape card seems to be getting me good deal at the hotel I booked at. But I would love it if I could somehow swing an even better deal...haha.

I was scoping out Panorama but the only lift ticket deals I could find where their $69/day if you booked accommodation with them.

And thank you for posting these!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1007 posts
528 upvotes
ceruleanblue wrote: I was scoping out Panorama but the only lift ticket deals I could find where their $69/day if you booked accommodation with them.
Check out: https://www.panoramaresort.com/snowcard/

Here are some other discount cards to compare with the Costco offers:

RCR card (Fernie, Kicking Horse, Kimberley, Nakiska)

Sunshine/Marmot card

Louise card (Lake Louise Ski Resort, Castle Mountain Resort, Panorama Mountain Resort, RED Mountain Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Schweitzer Mountain Resort, and SilverStar Mountain Resort)

Revelstoke Vertical card

The MAX pass (39 mountains)

Grade 4/5 snowpass

Also, many hills offer a $20-$30 season pass for kids in grade 2.
Oct 17, 2016
1 posts
That's awesome! Do you happen to have a picture of Fernie/Kickinghorse card? If not could you tell me if they are offering 30% on youth?

So excited!

Thanks
Jul 27, 2006
204 posts
16 upvotes
Cool I didn't know about all of those. My kid has the grade 4/5 Snowpass but she used up all 3 tickets for Marmot Basin last year so we either have to pay for her (then the Escape card 20% is nice) or go to a different mountain. LOL
Dec 11, 2003
175 posts
178 upvotes
Central AB
Here are the lift ticket deals I saw in store at Costco.

As always, most of them have increased their price since last year.
I am including all of the pictures so you can see the details on each deal for yourself:

Alberta
Sunshine Village: 3 tickets for $229.99

Lake Louise: 2 tickets for $149.99

Norquay: 2 tickets for $89.99

Nakiska: 2 tickets for $114.99

Marmot Basin: 2 tickets for $132.99

Castle Mountain: 2 tickets for $109.99

BC
Fernie: 2 tickets for $157.99

Kimberley: 2 tickets for $109.99

Revelstoke: 2 tickets for $134.99
Dec 7, 2008
659 posts
125 upvotes
Thanks so much for this. Some dirty price increases. Fernie's is HUGE
Dec 11, 2003
175 posts
178 upvotes
Central AB
I'm sorry about that. I searched but I'm not sure how I didn't see the other thread.
Jul 27, 2006
204 posts
16 upvotes
Are Marmot's drive times off for other cities too? Saskatoon is off by an hour minimum, maybe more with the slower roads once you get into the provincial park. And of course with having to stop for gas and pee breaks which I am sure everyone has to do, and a stop to eat for some people, it's quite a bit more than that. I don't mind them putting the time for the direct drive, but an hour or more off isn't helpful when you're trying to plan and when you actually drive it you find out it is way longer.
Dec 7, 2008
659 posts
125 upvotes
ceruleanblue wrote: Are Marmot's drive times off for other cities too? Saskatoon is off by an hour minimum, maybe more with the slower roads once you get into the provincial park. And of course with having to stop for gas and pee breaks which I am sure everyone has to do, and a stop to eat for some people, it's quite a bit more than that. I don't mind them putting the time for the direct drive, but an hour or more off isn't helpful when you're trying to plan and when you actually drive it you find out it is way longer.
If anything, those drive times are conservative. Edmonton to Jasper is rarely 4 hours (pack food, and pee before. Don't be a pansy - we have a ski town to get to). Calgary to LL is rarely 2 hours. Calgary to Jasper is 3.5-4/
Dec 26, 2003
5 posts
Coquitlam
Which costco carry these ski cards? Seems can't find these in Vancouver's costco...
Jun 24, 2013
58 posts
101 upvotes
AB
What's with these massive price increases year by year?
When I started skiing a few years ago, Costco made it somewhat affordable and now in just a few years it's gotten ridiculous. As if skiing wasn't expensive already.
Dec 7, 2008
659 posts
125 upvotes
fiend780 wrote: What's with these massive price increases year by year?
When I started skiing a few years ago, Costco made it somewhat affordable and now in just a few years it's gotten ridiculous. As if skiing wasn't expensive already.
With the low Canadian dollar, these ski resort towns have never been busier. I think it is simply the fact that they are massively raising prices because they can. It's unfortunate.

However, if you do the RCR Card, and ski 7 days, it brings it down to $63 a day which is pretty good.
Apr 7, 2007
689 posts
198 upvotes
Calgary, AB
fiend780 wrote: What's with these massive price increases year by year?
I agree, skiing is getting pricey... Now, let's not start talking about green fees....