Expired Hot Deals

Western Digital Elements 2TB External Harddrive 84.99+Free Shipping MikesComputerShop

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2011 2:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 17, 2009
2059 posts
1552 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

Western Digital Elements 2TB External Harddrive 84.99+Free Shipping MikesComputerShop

Lowest price I've seen on this drive.

$84.99 + Free Shipping.

https://www.mikescomputershop.com/weste ... 25332.html

Also found the 1.5TB WD Elements for $69.99 + Free Shipping, this is also a very good price and possibly the lowest I've seen yet.

https://www.mikescomputershop.com/weste ... 24704.html
22 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 17, 2009
2059 posts
1552 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I ordered a 1.5tb internal drive earlier tonight.. That sale lasted all of 30 minutes. Never ordered from this vendor before but I think they will come through. Other members seem familiar with them in various rfd threads. I would like to buy the 2tb but I've spent too much today. I have 3 elements drives and I really like them. Perfect for multimedia storage and playback.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
1642 posts
236 upvotes
Quebec
2b tb green being 69, That's 14.99$ for a USB2 enclosure, (COLD)

+ It's not worth sh1t if you're slightly tech savvy, and understand how slow USB 2 is and how USB 3 is now everywhere.
Jr. Member
Dec 29, 2007
106 posts
191 upvotes
Hamilton
transisto wrote: 2b tb green being 69, That's 14.99$ for a USB2 enclosure, (COLD)

+ It's not worth sh1t if you're slightly tech savvy, and understand how slow USB 2 is and how USB 3 is now everywhere.

OK, I'll bite. Where can I get a 3.5"USB2 enclosure for $15(shipped)?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2008
3139 posts
411 upvotes
or you could get the Hitachi 2TB external at Canada Computers @ $79.99 which is better...
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=037702

transisto wrote: It's not worth sh1t if you're slightly tech savvy, and understand how slow USB 2 is and how USB 3 is now everywhere.

well sir...if you WERE tech savvy, you would understand how USB 3 is NOT everywhere
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
11428 posts
3799 upvotes
Winnipeg
wlemst88 wrote: OK, I'll bite. Where can I get a 3.5"USB2 enclosure for $15(shipped)?

+1

add an enclosure with built in power management they start at least at +30 + shipping.
Member
Dec 15, 2006
281 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga,ON
Nice deal. I got the 2TB one two weeks ago for $89.99 and I thought I got a very good deal.....
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 8, 2008
3282 posts
589 upvotes
GTA
anyone order from this store b4?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 17, 2009
2059 posts
1552 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
transisto wrote: 2b tb green being 69, That's 14.99$ for a USB2 enclosure, (COLD)

+ It's not worth sh1t if you're slightly tech savvy, and understand how slow USB 2 is and how USB 3 is now everywhere.

Id say I'm extremely tech savvy and I like these drives because they work perfectly and they look nice under my TV connected to my WDTV. The enclosure is very small.. much smaller than MyBooks. Speeds aren't the fastest but I average 25-30mb/sec most of the time. It really depends what you want the drives to do. If you are using to store and playback media and transfer a few 100gb at a time, these drives are excellent.

I'm not sure where these sub $15 enclosures are, but I haven't seen them. I can't be bothered saving $1-2~ and buying the drive and enclosure seperately and putting it together. Enclosures I've seen that are under $15 are much bigger and uglier than these.
Newbie
Mar 14, 2009
55 posts
8 upvotes
jarko wrote: anyone order from this store b4?

I live in Chilliwack where one of the stores is and can vouch that they are a reputable store. Although I have never had to order online from them!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2004
4574 posts
432 upvotes
thanks. I bit. Let's hope Mike doesnt take too long to ship to Ontario!

I keep looking at threads and I finally realized... this is .05 per gig....how much more do I want to save?
Sr. Member
Dec 7, 2003
502 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
rob187 wrote: Id say I'm extremely tech savvy and I like these drives because they work perfectly and they look nice under my TV connected to my WDTV. The enclosure is very small.. much smaller than MyBooks. Speeds aren't the fastest but I average 25-30mb/sec most of the time. It really depends what you want the drives to do. If you are using to store and playback media and transfer a few 100gb at a time, these drives are excellent.

I'm not sure where these sub $15 enclosures are, but I haven't seen them. I can't be bothered saving $1-2~ and buying the drive and enclosure seperately and putting it together. Enclosures I've seen that are under $15 are much bigger and uglier than these.

these seem to be some of the best external drives

I got 3 of these, very quiet and nice black ;) ;)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 17, 2009
2059 posts
1552 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'm sure they will be on sale again soon somewhere. I didn't order this time either since I already have 3 of them.

Top