Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Western Digital

WD SN850 $109 for 500Mb, $179 for 1 TB, $304 for 2 TB

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2022 7:00 pm
Sep 22, 2014
146 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Auditore212 wrote: It's August 10...let's go Western Digital. Please ship my July 19 order from 8:30am. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I just received another back order email, but this one doesn’t say August 10th anymore, just it’s out of stock or delayed and if they can’t fulfill the order, it will be canceled. I wonder if calling in or doing a support chat (if it exists, can’t check at the moment) and telling them not to cancel will work? I will wait until they’re available, but I do NOT want my order canceled. And I kinda feel like 2 weeks is way past the point they can cancel it due to it being a “price error”, especially when others have received it.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2004
1031 posts
458 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got the same email. No longer has a date but it's still active! Fingers crossed.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Well, if WD didn't want to honor the price error, why beat around the bush and just send out emails cancelling our orders.
Sep 22, 2014
146 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mr. Robo wrote: Well, if WD didn't want to honor the price error, why beat around the bush and just send out emails cancelling our orders.
That’s what I’m saying. They’re well past that point, so at this point just keep my order active until you can fill it. No need to cancel at all!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
willjwood wrote: That’s what I’m saying. They’re well past that point, so at this point just keep my order active until you can fill it. No need to cancel at all!
CDW took months to ship my order, after one of their team members told me specifically that they cancelled the order.

Let's hope WD is a little better.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Sep 22, 2014
146 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
willjwood wrote: I just received another back order email, but this one doesn’t say August 10th anymore, just it’s out of stock or delayed and if they can’t fulfill the order, it will be canceled. I wonder if calling in or doing a support chat (if it exists, can’t check at the moment) and telling them not to cancel will work? I will wait until they’re available, but I do NOT want my order canceled. And I kinda feel like 2 weeks is way past the point they can cancel it due to it being a “price error”, especially when others have received it.
So I contacted WD support and was assured that the order won’t be canceled, it’s just an automated email, and is only for worst case scenario, like they never get it back in stock. But the order will ship once the product is available.

I was also told personally if the order does get canceled somehow, they’ll be able to price match a new order at the same price, but YMMV, that’s what I was personally assured and I have a reference number.

Anyway, should be good news all around that we’ll get them eventually! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 23, 2004
317 posts
159 upvotes
It slowed down once I filled it up (live VMs). But they were initially at 14GBps in raid 0. That was fun.
U4LIFE wrote: mine gets the expected 7200 or so readspeeds, like my other non-ps5 sn850 in crystaldiskmark

but yeah at the price either way, its hard to beat a gen4 top end driver for around 200 each
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
willjwood wrote: I just received another back order email, but this one doesn’t say August 10th anymore, just it’s out of stock or delayed and if they can’t fulfill the order, it will be canceled. I wonder if calling in or doing a support chat (if it exists, can’t check at the moment) and telling them not to cancel will work? I will wait until they’re available, but I do NOT want my order canceled. And I kinda feel like 2 weeks is way past the point they can cancel it due to it being a “price error”, especially when others have received it.
It's looking good man! Got an update in my account, so it looks like it's just a matter of time. :)

Processing: 19 Jul., 08:25 a.m.
Preparing to Ship: 11 Aug., 06:36 p.m.
Koodo Mobile
Feb 23, 2004
603 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like both bestbuy.ca and newegg,ca are selling the WD SN850 also at the same price !
You can get some rebate if you buy through certain website, e.g. RA or GCR.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6260 upvotes
I canceled mine :(. The reason was I used Paypal and they charged me immediately when I placed the order. So I don't want $417 posted to my statement this month when I don't even know when they will ship it
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2004
1031 posts
458 upvotes
Mississauga
Preparing to ship on my end as well!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1353 posts
1220 upvotes
The Great North
PCIE 5.0 will be 13000MB/S which is almost double PCIE 4.0. Wondering if I should cancel my WD order and wait for AMD 7000 series to upgrade, I am getting by on PCIE 3.0 speeds currently. Would a jump from PCIE 3.0 to 5.0 be a better bang for the buck?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3349 upvotes
nivek_k2020 wrote: PCIE 5.0 will be 13000MB/S which is almost double PCIE 4.0. Wondering if I should cancel my WD order and wait for AMD 7000 series to upgrade, I am getting by on PCIE 3.0 speeds currently. Would a jump from PCIE 3.0 to 5.0 be a better bang for the buck?
no lol
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
nivek_k2020 wrote: PCIE 5.0 will be 13000MB/S which is almost double PCIE 4.0. Wondering if I should cancel my WD order and wait for AMD 7000 series to upgrade, I am getting by on PCIE 3.0 speeds currently. Would a jump from PCIE 3.0 to 5.0 be a better bang for the buck?
I would expect more pcie5nvmes to mostly be announced around CES early next year. It will take a bit to arrive, probably mid summer, and they will be at a premium just like pcie4 drives were when they first launched. so expect them at least 50% higher than current pcie4 drives at launch.

Will they be very fast, yes... but worth the wait or price premium.. only you can answer that. But most would say no, not worth.
Sep 22, 2014
146 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Auditore212 wrote: It's looking good man! Got an update in my account, so it looks like it's just a matter of time. :)

Processing: 19 Jul., 08:25 a.m.
Preparing to Ship: 11 Aug., 06:36 p.m.
Oh yeah! Mine also says preparing to ship now!
Nov 8, 2020
73 posts
444 upvotes
Hello guys,

Does anyone received his/her order twice with the back order issue even when already received in July ?
Jan 20, 2004
500 posts
188 upvotes
Quebec
no but I wasn't charged yet so maybe it will be free
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Can't even cancel the order anymore.