Westjet: cancel flight, then rebook same itinerary with travel bank if price goes down?
- You book a flight from A to B to fly soon (before June 30) for $300
- Westjet policy offers free cancel or no-fee one-time change from now until June 30 with difference in fare applicable
- The same flight has gone down in fare to $250
- Cancel first itinerary, get $300 in travel bank
- Book same flight using travel bank funds
- $50 remains in travel bank to be used in future
Is my thinking correct? These policies allow you to watch prices and rebook if it goes lower in fare, or be happy you got it for cheap if it keeps going up?