• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 3:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto

WestJet Credit vs Voucher

I recent cancelled by westjet flight since I have a westjet account they credit my refund back to my westjet account. Now what is the difference between a voucher and a credit? Thanks
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Expiry? Does it show an expiry date when you look in your account?

I got a $150 credit of WestJet dollars for a delay, but it expires after a year.
😱
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
b0ne wrote: Expiry? Does it show an expiry date when you look in your account?

I got a $150 credit of WestJet dollars for a delay, but it expires after a year.
No, it does not shows expiration date.

I just wonder if I am going to sell the credit to someone else how will the transfer be done? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
13inches wrote: So it's in your Travel Bank?
Yes, do you have idea how that work? Thanks
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
13inches wrote: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/contact-u ... el-credits

Most of the answers to your questions are there.
That FAQ does not tell customers something very important about spending travel bank money. It says,
To use your Travel Bank, you must be signed into your WestJet Rewards account. When purchasing your flight(s) online, you will be given the option to use your Travel Bank credits or another form of payment.

What it does not say is that when using travel bank credit you cannot combine your payment with WestJet Dollars and credit card payment.

The customer can combine travel bank and WestJet Dollars only if this totally covers the ticket purchase.

The customer can combine travel bank and credit card payment only if this totally covers the ticket purchase.

But note that WestJet dollars cannot be used to pay for taxes, fees, etc.

So WestJet effectively limits the circumstances when a person can use travel bank money.

I recently booked a flight for around $1000. I had about $430 in WestJet Dollars and $100 in travel bank. WestJet would not permit me to use both the WestJet Dollars and the travel bank because I was paying in part by credit card.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1375 posts
1868 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Frustrating that they seem to arbitrarily split the compensation between travel bank/WJ dollars, as now I'm stuck with amounts in each that could add up to a decent amount, if only I was allowed to use them together.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
seagull1987 wrote: Frustrating that they seem to arbitrarily split the compensation between travel bank/WJ dollars
I'm not sure what you mean. My experience is that they will give goodwill in the form of WJ dollars and refunds in the form of Travel Bank credits.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1375 posts
1868 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
13inches wrote: I'm not sure what you mean. My experience is that they will give goodwill in the form of WJ dollars and refunds in the form of Travel Bank credits.
Not had any kind of refund, only goodwill gestures and compensation, and they have both been split between travel bank and WJ dollars
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
According to WJ: "Travel Bank is an easy-to-use account where you accumulate and save travel credits resulting from non-refundable ticket changes, cancellations or service credits"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)