Travel

Westjet direct flights Yvr to Orlando starting in 2016

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2015 1:15 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 23, 2013
615 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Westjet direct flights Yvr to Orlando starting in 2016

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/07/vanc ... s-westjet/

Just saw this news article and was pretty excited. As we all know, Vancouver to Florida typically is not an enjoyable travel day, especially when travelling with kids.

I quickly checked their website and found some flights to Orlando for $360 USD + return flight for $301 USD= $661 USD Total

As stated in the article, they are only running one trip each week at present. Im taking the fam to wdw and a disney cruise in may 2016 and was wondering if I should jump on this considering that it will sell out quickly, I'd imagine....

So I thought I would throw it out there for discussion. Obviously there are cheaper flights available, but I'll happily shell out more to save 5+ of flying and transfers.
7 replies
Newbie
Nov 29, 2014
63 posts
40 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I paid $444 Canadian RT to Tampa in February and right now there's deals for 422 at the end of August as well. Orlando is less than 90 minutes from Tampa and is probably worth the $200 in savings
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4967 posts
560 upvotes
Victoria
Just curious why the westjet site would be in USD.
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3539 upvotes
dealguy2 wrote: Just curious why the westjet site would be in USD.
Westjet prices are in USD if you are looking at a one way fare from an American airport back to a Canadian one.

But they shouldn't be in USD if you are booking a return flight.
Newbie
Nov 29, 2014
63 posts
40 upvotes
Surrey, BC
tatiyana wrote: Did you have kids in tow with you then, to be able to relate to what the OP mentioned?
Y must u pwn me :(
Newbie
Nov 29, 2014
63 posts
40 upvotes
Surrey, BC
tatiyana wrote: Did you have kids in tow with you then, to be able to relate to what the OP mentioned?
My only point was, Disney World is expensive as hell as it is, if he's going with say, his wife and 2 kids, by flying in to Tampa he'd save $800+ on airfare. Obviously flying with kids isn't easy, but the flight from Vancouver would be overnight, that'd be just as rough on kids. All I was saying is that if he wouldn't mind the short drive, there's potential savings in flying to Tampa
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5536 posts
2063 upvotes
hartzfizzo wrote: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/07/vanc ... s-westjet/

Just saw this news article and was pretty excited. As we all know, Vancouver to Florida typically is not an enjoyable travel day, especially when travelling with kids.

I quickly checked their website and found some flights to Orlando for $360 USD + return flight for $301 USD= $661 USD Total

As stated in the article, they are only running one trip each week at present. Im taking the fam to wdw and a disney cruise in may 2016 and was wondering if I should jump on this considering that it will sell out quickly, I'd imagine....

So I thought I would throw it out there for discussion. Obviously there are cheaper flights available, but I'll happily shell out more to save 5+ of flying and transfers.
Thanks. Going to Orlando is on my bucket list. Thinking about getting the RBC westjet credit card and this will make it even more worthwhile.

Other airlines with stop overs may drop their prices as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5536 posts
2063 upvotes
Looks like United may have a sale on right now. I did some serious searching this morning and YVR to MCO return is about $450 Cdn all in for late August. 1 stopover (for ~1.25 hr) in Chicago. Best 1 stopover flight I have seen in awhile. Ended up using aeropesos. Seems like a lot of aeropeso reward flights (via United) are available.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)