Mississauga
What about US???
I love RFD! :)
Aug 17, 2008
922 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
yo2boy wrote: What about US???
According to cp24 (yah I know sensational mainstream media) - westjet has changed their ways!

Definitely call and re-initiate your refund process!
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8348 posts
1240 upvotes
Vancouver
pererac wrote: For flights between March 1st and October....
In June, WestJet adopted a similar approach to refunds for cancelled flights to or from the United States or United Kingdom.

^ they say this but not true in my case. They specifically declined my refund.

They are liars. Just do a charge back.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3770 posts
1844 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: In my case Westjet stopped flying to London. They didn’t notify me nor did cheapo and had the nerve to delete my PNR as if I didn’t exist.

They seem like they are still planning to fly you. I’d advise contacting Westjet or your agent and saying those dates are unsuitable and hope for the best.

I suspect they will not give you anything more then a flight credit.

I’d give them a call if they offer credit stand your ground that it’s unacceptable. Wait til closer til the date maybe they’ll stop flying to London and you’ll have better grounds for chargeback. Right now they still intend to provide you a flight so not sure a chargeback is wise at this stage.

I have very little faith in this airline but who knows they might route you through Halifax to London on a narrow body or some other annoying nonsense

Edit also cheapo charge me their booking fee and Westjet charge the rest. In my mind I’m doing business with Westjet as a result despite the whole agent thing
Thank you! Based on that Global News article above it looks like Westjet is now providing refunds. I will definitely think twice on future travel plans, and I hope to see major changes coming to travel insurance and regulations.

As a side note, a credit voucher should never be an option for travel insurance as acceptable reimbursement unless specifically and clearly stated in said policies.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8348 posts
1240 upvotes
Vancouver
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Thank you! Based on that Global News article above it looks like Westjet is now providing refunds. I will definitely think twice on future travel plans, and I hope to see major changes coming to travel insurance and regulations.

As a side note, a credit voucher should never be an option for travel insurance as acceptable reimbursement unless specifically and clearly stated in said policies.
Has anyone seen this posted on their site. Numerous times the media has posted leaks and refunds have not come through.

Charge back, pick up the phone and call today.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4052 posts
1310 upvotes
WFH
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Thank you! Based on that Global News article above it looks like Westjet is now providing refunds. I will definitely think twice on future travel plans, and I hope to see major changes coming to travel insurance and regulations.

Don't expect consumer friendly regulation while this Liberal government is in power. They've already made it crystal clear which side they support.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1527 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
What happened to refunding flights to the US? Had a May flight cancelled, tried calling a few times and was told have to wait for the email. Don't think an email is coming
Aug 17, 2008
922 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
DdBigs wrote: What happened to refunding flights to the US? Had a May flight cancelled, tried calling a few times and was told have to wait for the email. Don't think an email is coming
emails never come. just you having to waste time and call and nag......begging for your own back! dont give up! I called every monday and thursday for months. goodluck to you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8348 posts
1240 upvotes
Vancouver
pererac wrote: emails never come. just you having to waste time and call and nag......begging for your own back! dont give up! I called every monday and thursday for months. goodluck to you.
Or make one call to your credit card and charge back. It’s the only language these crooks might understand
Autocorrect sucks
Aug 17, 2008
922 posts
733 upvotes
Toronto
GangStarr wrote: Or make one call to your credit card and charge back. It’s the only language these crooks might understand
crooks with my scotia amex avoided me like covid when I asked about charge back. Their dispute department accused me of wasting their time, accused me of calling the wrong department - trying to off load me, and claim the connection was poor and couldn't hear me -then click! azzholes!

I hope everyone gets their money back however they can. I got mine, and have already chopped up this useless piece of crap card.

Trip interruption insurance? lol still have not heard back from them!

I wonder how the folks with air canada tickets are doing?
Jan 4, 2019
13 posts
8 upvotes
I never got an email but told them I got it, and they gave my money back
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
wewlad wrote: I never got an email but told them I got it, and they gave my money back
Smart move