• May 31st, 2021 10:05 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4120 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC

WestJet Partner Airline Fares

I was looking at WS fares to Mexico for this autumn/winter. WS doesn’t have its own flights listed yet. Flights are on their parter, AeroMexico.

The flights booking through WS, getting their “Econo Flex” fare totalled $1,964.76. This included one checked bag up to 50 lbs and seating in coach.

The same flights, booking directly with AM, in business class, with two checked bags up to 70 pounds each, was under $1100. That fare includes use of the AM lounge during four-hour layovers in Mexico City.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
2 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2454 posts
3227 upvotes
Is there a question or comment in there somewhere?

Clearly Westjet isn't pricing codeshares in a way that would cannibalize its own traffic, which does have some Mexico routes in the schedule at the moment.

A specific route(s) and date ranges would be helpful in trying to make any sort of meaningful comparison or generalizations.

I've seen codeshares go the other way too, where the operating carrier is far higher priced than the marketing partner airline.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4120 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
robsaw wrote: Is there a question or comment in there somewhere?
Yes, the comment is that WS charges almost double to reserve the same flight with lesser quality of traveller experience.
Clearly Westjet isn't pricing codeshares in a way that would cannibalize its own traffic, which does have some Mexico routes in the schedule at the moment.
WS shows nothing for “Mexico routes in the schedule at the moment” for the autumn/winter, the time period noted in my posting.

5B1B4B1B-763C-4487-9DE3-67F0C05FE2B9.jpeg

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/flights/i ... l-schedule
A specific route(s) and date ranges would be helpful in trying to make any sort of meaningful comparison or generalizations.
YVR-ZIH. WS does not have year round service on that route. It typically has a seasonal schedule between YVR and ZIH, starting at the very end of October or beginning of November. The southbound dates were anytime in mid to late October 2021. At that time WS shows nothing in its own schedule and has not flown to ZIH until late October in any year of which I am aware.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)