Travel

Westjet refunds

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 7:17 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2015
627 posts
384 upvotes
Manitoba

Westjet refunds

Just had WJ change a flight itinerary on me adding a stop, we opted to change our plans and cancel. Westjet gave the option to "refund by original payment method" which we chose. Any idea how long it'll take before we see our money back? Anyone have experience getting refunded? It was partially paid with WJ$ and credit card
4 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
16753 posts
11951 upvotes
Toronto
Westjet would know. Have you tried calling or using chat?
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2007
505 posts
330 upvotes
Veeshmack wrote: Just had WJ change a flight itinerary on me adding a stop, we opted to change our plans and cancel. Westjet gave the option to "refund by original payment method" which we chose. Any idea how long it'll take before we see our money back? Anyone have experience getting refunded? It was partially paid with WJ$ and credit card
They pulled that crap on me last summer. Ended up being travel bank credit. No refund. And now they have no record of this call and told me they don’t refund because they gave me an alternative (flight 2 days later). Shady bastards.

Recently they confessed to all of this in the news. Don’t trust them to do the right thing.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2021
1158 posts
1093 upvotes
Temujin1 wrote: They pulled that crap on me last summer. Ended up being travel bank credit. No refund. And now they have no record of this call and told me they don’t refund because they gave me an alternative (flight 2 days later). Shady bastards.

Recently they confessed to all of this in the news. Don’t trust them to do the right thing.
You can do a statutory chargeback if you didn't do a regular chargeback with your credit card within the regular timeframe. Statutory chargebacks don't have a timelimit.
TV: $0 via IP (slingbox) | Cell: $5 4GB*6 = 24GB
Internet: $10 fibre 30mbps up/down unlimited | Home phone: $0 via VoIP (freephoneline)

Telecos monthly cost: $16.45 after tax
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2007
505 posts
330 upvotes
MrBungal wrote: You can do a statutory chargeback if you didn't do a regular chargeback with your credit card within the regular timeframe. Statutory chargebacks don't have a timelimit.
Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind for the future. In my case I booked a trip to use up the credit but honestly am not happy about it.

After this it’ll be AC first for me, which is not something I thought I’d be saying.

Top