Expired Hot Deals

[WestJet] Status match up to Gold

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 1:21 am
Mar 7, 2011
64 posts
31 upvotes
Macali wrote: I’m also waiting to hear back still.
Me too. They are being slow, I guess.
Apr 7, 2015
8 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
I’ve been waiting 10+ days. Anyone else waiting hear anything?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2385 posts
141 upvotes
Mississauga
I just got rejected from aeroplan black status match to silver as I took a screenshot of my aeroplan page which shows my name and status but they seemed to want:
Proof of status is invalid. A photo or scanned copy of your membership card in Altitude, Aeroplan or VIPorter– clearly showing member's name, top-tier status and valid dates – is required.

Not sure how i give them that as the aeroplan black cards dont say black on it.
Feb 7, 2009
33 posts
3 upvotes
I was just notified today I received the Gold status match. I had initially applied a couple of weeks ago
Mar 9, 2011
328 posts
76 upvotes
Coquitlam
Free's good. I don't fly WestJet much but doesn't cost me anything to sign up. Thanks OP.
Jan 11, 2017
11 posts
10 upvotes
Sent email on the 23rd. Got confirmation they had received me email on the 23rd. Still haven’t received the match.
Jul 8, 2010
55 posts
14 upvotes
Haris wrote: I just got rejected from aeroplan black status match to silver as I took a screenshot of my aeroplan page which shows my name and status but they seemed to want:
Proof of status is invalid. A photo or scanned copy of your membership card in Altitude, Aeroplan or VIPorter– clearly showing member's name, top-tier status and valid dates – is required.

Same here !!! Even WestJet themselves do not issue status cards every time a members status changes which can happen every cycle. I used to be a gold member with Westjet but switched loyalties ever since I realized that Westjet has forgotten the mantra that made them stand apart from the others.
Jan 11, 2017
11 posts
10 upvotes
Data point: I signed up day 1, match was received this Friday the 10th. Seems they were a bit slow lol.
Dec 11, 2006
245 posts
85 upvotes
Haris wrote: I just got rejected from aeroplan black status match to silver as I took a screenshot of my aeroplan page which shows my name and status but they seemed to want:

I got that as well, but then sent them screenshots of my card from my app, as well as the Status page on the app and then got accepted to Silver.
Apr 7, 2015
8 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Has anyone received bag tags and the welcome package with Plus upgrades in the mail? That was sent out last time. Fingers crossed it comes again