Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WestJet

Toronto to Dublin, Ireland - $381 CAD roundtrip after taxes (nonstop)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2023 12:17 pm
Jan 10, 2018
384 posts
1175 upvotes

[WestJet] Toronto to Dublin, Ireland - $381 CAD roundtrip after taxes (nonstop)

Information found on YYZ Deals:

WestJet is showing flights from Toronto to Dublin, Ireland for $381 CAD roundtrip including taxes.

The flights are nonstop both ways.

Back in March, Ireland dropped *all* covid related entry restrictions. That means there’s no longer a need to provide proof of vaccination or recovery, test results or even the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) that was once required.

UPDATE: September and October dates have become available.

Availability for travel

May (limited), September, October 2022

How to find and book this deal

1. Go to Skyscanner or FlightHub or Kayak

Try one of the following date combinations:

May 30 to Jun 9

Sep 4, 5 to Sep 11, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 23
Sep 12, 13 to Sep 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27
Sep 17, 18 to Sep 21, 26, 27
Sep 19, 20 to Sep 26, 27

Oct 10 to Oct 24, 25, 27
Oct 12, 14 to Oct 24, 25, 27
Oct 16, 17 to Oct 24, 25, 27
Oct 19 to Oct 24, 25, 27
44 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
WestJet will use a Boeing 737 MAX to run these flights

Transatlantic 737 MAX: WestJet Adds Toronto To Dublin Flights
Starting on May 15th, WestJet will connect YYZ to Dublin Airport (DUB) four times per week. By June 2nd, 2022, the route will increase to daily frequencies. Daily flights will run until October 1st, when WestJet will bring the route down to four weekly until October 28th.
Destiny is all
Jan 25, 2021
40 posts
58 upvotes
As someone who has flown westjet Vancouver-London, be prepared, it's not a very comfortable flight.

Their planes aren't really designed for long haul. They have minimal food service, and no infotainment screens.

Still a good price, but it's a pretty significant step down from Aircanada who generally uses 787 and 777 for these longer flights.

Edit: just want to point out that the Calgary and Vancouver routes now have entertainment! which is great because 10 hrs without entertainment to London was not fun. Looks like Toronto flights still uses the 737's though.
Last edited by schilibe on May 4th, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
schilibe wrote: As someone who has flown westjet Vancouver-London, be prepared, it's not a very comfortable flight.

Their planes aren't really designed for long haul. They have minimal food service, and no infotainment screens.

Still a good price, but it's a pretty significant step down from Aircanada who generally uses 787 and 777 for these longer flights.
Vancouver to London Gatwick uses 320-seat widebody Boeing 787-9s

BRUTALLY HONEST | Trans-Atlantic Economy Class on WESTJET's Boeing 787-9 to London Gatwick!
Destiny is all
May 10, 2021
248 posts
1417 upvotes
Some are also available from Montreal YUL around 400 in the same dates.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
ebpodeals wrote: Some are also available from Montreal YUL around 400 in the same dates.
Which dates?
Oct 16, 2010
432 posts
1054 upvotes
I'm flying both these routes, WestJet YYZ --> LON on Tuesday and in a couple weeks returning DUB --> YYZ. I'll add more info:

The flight baggage comes with personal item + "unlimited weight" carry on (23 kg) but does not come with checked baggage. Canada to UK/EU checked baggage each way is $60 CAD + tax. Roundtrip is $135.60. However, if you pack light and with TSA allowed items you could flight without checked baggage on their personal + carry on (I haven't decided yet what im doing lol).

I actually booked 3 one-way tickets (direct flights) going YYZ --> LON --> DUB --> YYZ. My 1.5h LON to DUB flight is with British Airways for £47 with the same baggage policy as WestJet. There's also £12 flights with Ryanair but they only have personal item so you'd need to spend £20 for 10kg carry on or £30 for 20 kg checked (obviously you book the 20kg checked because a 10kg carry on is stupid, 4kg is already your suitcase).

My two trans-atlantic WestJet flights were $258 to London and $183 home from Dublin. I actually booked them together as a Multi-City ticket on WJ website and for an unknown reason the final cost came out $16 less to $426.
schilibe wrote: As someone who has flown westjet Vancouver-London, be prepared, it's not a very comfortable flight.

WJ uses different planes now and that's not true. Look to the video review from Dhanushan above. The worst flight by far to fly trans-atlantic to Europe for me was AirTransat to Portugal. It was a redeye flight and they left the lights on for 4 hours and were still trying to sell us BS in the middle of the night. The seats were cramped on a newer plane and the experience was far worse than flying AT in North America. I'm never flying trans-atlantic AirTransat ever again. They set the bar so low it's easy for WestJet to beat them. I haven't flown AC overseas but on average WJ customer service is better than AC, but we'll see.
Dhanushan wrote: Vancouver to London Gatwick uses 320-seat widebody Boeing 787-9s

BRUTALLY HONEST | Trans-Atlantic Economy Class on WESTJET's Boeing 787-9 to London Gatwick!
I saw these review before I booked. Was a no brainer for me. Very surprised at the quality for a low price, but I'm pretty sure that's because these are new routes and it's like introductory pricing.
Last edited by Proxism on May 4th, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 10, 2021
248 posts
1417 upvotes
danzerino wrote: Which dates?
A couple, I've just clicked on the link, and looked through Kayak (I like their matrix view for price).
For example there's one with 1 connection from Sept 2nd to Sept 13th.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes

No premium economy or business class?
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Is the deal not available through WestJet directly? If so, I may be wary about booking on 3rd party sites vs direct from the airline. Actually I'd rather use Expedia as a third party source.
Blanka
Jan 25, 2021
40 posts
58 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Vancouver to London Gatwick uses 320-seat widebody Boeing 787-9s

Great to see they have put those into service for the Vancouver routes, my experience was in 2020 just before and the 787 looks like they were purchased in 2020.

But this Toronto flight does not use the 787, so my comment still stands for this deal.
Apr 20, 2020
272 posts
235 upvotes

The wide body West Jet planes, which are used from Calgary and Vancouver to Europe all of seat back entertainment.
Oct 16, 2010
432 posts
1054 upvotes
schilibe wrote: Great to see they have put those into service for the Vancouver routes, my experience was in 2020 just before and the 787 looks like they were purchased in 2020.

But this Toronto flight does not use the 787, so my comment still stands for this deal.
Do you mean specifically this deal & to Dublin or WestJet in general from YYZ?

On Tuesday I'm flying YYZ to London Gatwick on WestJet Boeing 787-9 for $258. On May 19th I'm returning from Dublin on WestJet 737 Max 8.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: WestJet Boeing 787s have 16 business, 28 premium class seats
https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/aircraft/ ... dreamliner

WestJet Boeing 737 MAXs have 12 premium class seats
https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/aircraft/boeing-737-max
Correct. I was referring to schilibe's post:
As someone who has flown westjet Vancouver-London, be prepared, it's not a very comfortable flight.

Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
schilibe wrote: Great to see they have put those into service for the Vancouver routes, my experience was in 2020 just before and the 787 looks like they were purchased in 2020.

WestJet has 10 787-9s, first one was delivered in January 2019
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2019-01-17 ... or-WestJet

WestJet 787 Dreamliner cabin tour

The 737 MAX 8 used for transatlantic flights will have a redesigned premium cabin

"The flights will feature the airline's newly redesigned Premium cabin, that offers new levels of privacy and comfort, including an enhanced inflight dining experience and wider 2X2 seat configuration."
from https://westjet.mediaroom.com/2021-10-0 ... and-Dublin

NEW PREMIUM SEATS! WestJet Boeing 737 MAX 8 Vancouver to Calgary
Destiny is all
Nov 29, 2015
232 posts
1080 upvotes
For those considering the May flight, Dublin area alone does not have 10 days of tourism content and you'd probably have to include Killarney+Cork or Belfast in your trip.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
yodelh wrote: For those considering the May flight, Dublin area alone does not have 10 days of tourism content and you'd probably have to include Killarney+Cork or Belfast in your trip.
Hotels in Dublin are almost as expensive as the flight.

Any recommendations on Ireland tour providers that take you to other parts of the country?
Mar 17, 2016
512 posts
637 upvotes
yodelh wrote: For those considering the May flight, Dublin area alone does not have 10 days of tourism content and you'd probably have to include Killarney+Cork or Belfast in your trip.
You are allowed to leave the country. There are cheap flight options to UK and Europe
Mar 26, 2004
387 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
It's a cheap gateway into Europe. I booked Ottawa to Paris and plan to leave Paris for somewhere warmer and cheaper for the week.