Expired Hot Deals

[WestJet] Toronto to Hawaii $472 Cdn inc. tax Oct-Dec

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2018 9:59 am
Sep 15, 2006
794 posts
228 upvotes
Great deal.

I've been to Maui and Oahu (stayed in Honolulu) and I'd definitely go back to Maui. My next trip will be Maui and Kauai, I don't think I'd ever go back to Oahu. Honolulu was nice for a couple of days but you definitely don't get that Hawaiian feel, I feel like it's NYC on the beach and just as expensive. Lots to do in Maui and you still get the Hawaiian feeling. There are ways to save money, but in general it is expensive, but worth the trip once in your life.
Apr 18, 2011
153 posts
54 upvotes
Elfwood wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 10:36 am
We are planning a trip to Honolulu, then going to one of the other islands.

If we had to choose between Maui or Big Island (with volcanoes)? Which one is best for beaches and snorkeling?
Your best snorkeling experience will probably be had at Hanauma Bay during your stay on Oahu. We did Oahu followed by Maui.
Jan 17, 2008
631 posts
239 upvotes
engman13 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 12:45 pm
Great deal.

I've been to Maui and Oahu (stayed in Honolulu) and I'd definitely go back to Maui. My next trip will be Maui and Kauai, I don't think I'd ever go back to Oahu. Honolulu was nice for a couple of days but you definitely don't get that Hawaiian feel, I feel like it's NYC on the beach and just as expensive.
Well, to be fair Honolulu is the tourist city. Same with Waikiki. Did you venture out into the local towns like Kailua? I have family on Oahu and whenever I visit I stay away from the cities. The rest of Oahu is much nicer.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1490 posts
993 upvotes
Waterloo
to the well travelled peeps out there... how often does a deal like this come up?
Nov 4, 2011
545 posts
327 upvotes
YYZ
jarfgames wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 10:18 am
Thanks. I see it on their website now.

Follow up question - I went to cancel my booking from yesterday where I paid mostly on Visa but also used some WJ dollars. It said the Visa refund would be instant but the WJ dollars could take up to 45 days to be recredited. Anyone have any experience with this? Obviously I’d like to use the WJ dollars again immediately to rebook at the lower price.
Whoops, glad to know this now that I've done a couple of refunds last week. In my experience, when I cancelled online or over the phone I was able to get back the WJ dollars as a travel credit instantly and the credit card refund took 3-5 days to process (as usual). To be safe, you can call in to cancel to confirm that it will be done instantly.
Dec 17, 2015
458 posts
154 upvotes
York, ON
Flight ticket price is attractive but remember Air Canada and Westjet just jacked up prices for checked luggages so watch out for hidden charges.
Jan 17, 2005
423 posts
54 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:29 pm
Is December a good time to visit Hawaii?
Any time is a good time to visit Hawaii. Except probably for Big Island where it might be hit during hurricane season and of course the volcano. The water at the beach is a bit colder in December though.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1840 posts
128 upvotes
Ottawa
Balduno wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 12:20 pm
Hotels are expensive.

Airbnb is cheaper.

But Hawaii is expensive in general.
We did Oahu, Maui, the big Island and Kauai.

Every airbnb we found on every island had a cleaning fee of almost a days cost so for a stay of 3-4 days the price difference between a hotel and airbnb were negligible, so we went with hotels for the added Hotel perks.
Sep 15, 2006
794 posts
228 upvotes
jestik wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:09 pm
Well, to be fair Honolulu is the tourist city. Same with Waikiki. Did you venture out into the local towns like Kailua? I have family on Oahu and whenever I visit I stay away from the cities. The rest of Oahu is much nicer.
Yep, the wife and I took a day trip around the island. It was beautiful, but not enough for me to go back. Maui was beautiful, we stayed in Ka'anapali. One day I'd like to go back.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2032 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Hawaii is fantastic. I rented a convertible one day and did a mini road trip around Oahu. Gorgeous scenery.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1238 posts
909 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
kryjathic wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:50 pm
... The water at the beach is a bit colder in December though.
No no no no no.
Apr 18, 2011
153 posts
54 upvotes
What's more? If you're a fan of the NFL, then you can enjoy the game during breakfast and enjoy the island the rest of the day.