1737 upvotes

[WestJet] Vancouver to Honolulu/Maui, Hawaii $378

Non-stop flight by WestJet

Honolulu – $378
Maui – $392

Dates from Dec to April, 2020

Google Flight Link
Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 1.11.26 PM.png
Last edited by LarryT778370 on Nov 7th, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43 replies
Sep 28, 2010
961 posts
244 upvotes
Surrey
this is a great price for anyone who is interested!
Nov 25, 2009
373 posts
133 upvotes
Terrace
I just checked the airbnb prices in Maui, holy jesus it's expensive!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5614 posts
1508 upvotes
Thornhill
lawonga wrote: I just checked the airbnb prices in Maui, holy jesus it's expensive!
It was always expensive. This is one of the reasons a lot of folks avoid Hawaii, it's expensive. Food and lodging is expensive. Flights on the other hand are not. Deals are to be had ever few months from various airlines.
Sep 28, 2010
961 posts
244 upvotes
Surrey
lawonga wrote: I just checked the airbnb prices in Maui, holy jesus it's expensive!
yup very expensive.. best to book well in advance, and costcotravel seems to be the cheapest options....and depending on the season you go that can make a difference in the price
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2014 posts
1110 upvotes
North Vancouver
Manui :-)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7994 posts
2699 upvotes
Toronto
The flights to Hawaii aren't the worst price gauge, it's the prices of everything on the island. Everything is like 3x regular price just because it's all imported.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1460 posts
367 upvotes
Westcoast
does westjet offer refunds if you booked on a more expensive flight before?
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26305 posts
4589 upvotes
Hamilton
Larry back at it with the travel deals!

Keep them coming.

I subscribed to them already but would love to read the comments in this thread.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Mar 15, 2005
183 posts
34 upvotes
If you choose to go to Honolulu, rent a car and get out of Wikiki. Wikiki is a great place to have as a home base as thats where all the main hotels/resturants are, but the real beauty of the island is when you get out of there and explore. The North Shore is super relaxed and more laid back with way less tourist, so it's a great place to go.

All the beaches in Oahu are public and free....make sure you explore them.
The hikes in Oahu also are free. If you're active, you'll enjoy this a lot!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2705 posts
756 upvotes
West
LarryT778370 wrote: Non-stop flight by WestJet

Honolulu – $378
Maui – $392

Dates from Dec to April, 2020

Google Flight Link
You don't mention anywhere that they are Return Flights; this price for a one-way ticket is quite high which I initially thought it was (but after looking into it, I can see it is for a return flight which is super CHEAP!)
Side note: the title of the thread says "Manui", I've never heard of that hawaiian island...

Props for the post though! Has been a tough year for flight deals with all those Max 8's grounded...
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Mar 5, 2015
22 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LLZuB wrote: If you choose to go to Honolulu, rent a car and get out of Wikiki.
Agreed. You'll probably come out of the trip thinking about what all the hype was. It's a big city. Nice beaches for sure, but the further you get the better the experience.
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
dazz wrote: It was always expensive. This is one of the reasons a lot of folks avoid Hawaii, it's expensive. Food and lodging is expensive. Flights on the other hand are not. Deals are to be had ever few months from various airlines.
This is the exact experience we had when we went there in 2018. We found a cheap flight round trip and we immediately bought it without thinking. Food was probably the most challenging thing to work around in Hawaii (We were in Oahu). Dinner for two could send you back $50-$60 USD (for something descent and not upscale either). But its all an experience. Still highly recommended :)
My horn can pierce the sky