Expired Hot Deals

[Westminster Savings] $600 welcome bonus when you sign up for a new chequing account at South Surrey branch (Must live or work in Surrey, BC)

[OP]
Sep 13, 2013
31 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

$600 welcome bonus when you sign up for a new chequing account at South Surrey branch (Must live or work in Surrey, BC)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 8, 2019
Retailer:
Westminster Savings
$600 welcome bonus when you sign up for a new chequing account at your local South Surrey branch. On top of that, we’re giving FREE unlimited chequing for a year*

Offer valid between Oct 21, 2019 and Dec 8, 2019.
Includes 1 year of waived monthly maintenance fees in any chequing account, excluding the junior and/or Plan 24 account.
Must set up one reoccurring direct deposit OR one reoccurring pre-authorized debit of a minimum of $50 within 30 days of opening the account. Direct deposit or reoccurring pre-authorized debit must be operating for a min. of 30 days.
Money will be deposited into account within 60 days of qualifications being met.
New member cannot have been a member of Westminster Savings in the last 12 months and have not participated in the New Member Promotion or any other Get Your Share™ promotion, since April 4, 2013.
Employees of British Columbia and/or an Ontario credit union and/or a subsidiary of a British Columbia and/or Ontario credit union are not eligible. Must be 18 years or older and live or work within the city of Surrey, British Columbia. Applicant will be required to show proof of such through government issued identification, an addressed bill statement, and/or current pay stub..
Account must be opened at the Westminster Savings Grandview Central Branch. New member subject to $20 service charge if they close their account within 90 days of opening the account. Limited redemptions available. Offer can be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, and/or discount.
Last edited by burjui on Nov 4th, 2019 12:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
77 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1062 posts
451 upvotes
604 517 0100 Find a Branch

Suite 1900 - 13450 102 Avenue, Surrey BC V3T 5Y1

* Terms and conditions - All chequing accounts qualify for the offer, excludes any junior accounts and Plan 24 accounts. Offer valid between Oct 21, 2019 and Dec 8, 2019. Includes 1 year of waived monthly maintenance fees in any chequing account, excluding the junior and/or Plan 24 account. Must set up one reoccurring direct deposit OR one reoccurring pre-authorized debit of a minimum of $50 within 30 days of opening the account. Direct deposit or reoccurring pre-authorized debit must be operating for a min. of 30 days. Money will be deposited into account within 60 days of qualifications being met. New member cannot have been a member of Westminster Savings in the last 12 months and have not participated in the New Member Promotion or any other Get Your Share™ promotion, since April 4, 2013. Employees of British Columbia and/or an Ontario credit union and/or a subsidiary of a British Columbia and/or Ontario credit union are not eligible. Must be 18 years or older and live or work within the city of Surrey, British Columbia. Applicant will be required to show proof of such through government issued identification, an addressed bill statement, and/or current pay stub.. Account must be opened at the Westminster Savings Grandview Central Branch. New member subject to $20 service charge if they close their account within 90 days of opening the account. Limited redemptions available. Offer can be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, and/or discount.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1380 posts
854 upvotes
Vancouver
So sign up in person, put in one pre-auth recurring debit of $50+ (hydro, cell-phone plan, etc), and get $600. No fee for their chequing account for a year as well because I do see there is a monthly fee for their chequing account.

EDIT: nvm just read that you must work/live in Surrey to get this bonus
Last edited by Alivenate on Nov 4th, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 20, 2017
409 posts
586 upvotes
micronta wrote: Must be 18 years or older and live or work within the city of Surrey, British Columbia. Applicant will be required to show proof of such through government issued identification, an addressed bill statement, and/or current pay stub.
I wonder how YMMV that clause may be.
[OP]
Sep 13, 2013
31 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Somehow missed the following from original post. will update. Thanks!
Must be 18 years or older and live or work within the city of Surrey, British Columbia.
Oct 14, 2009
406 posts
58 upvotes
Wow thanks OP! They are closed on weekends, I will do it during my time off.
Jul 17, 2012
212 posts
114 upvotes
Van, BC
Correct branch address for all those looking is 16090 - 24 Avenue, Surrey BC V3Z 0R5
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1760 posts
1182 upvotes
Wow, heavy YMMV, they don't even let anyone else nearby in GVA to sign up, just Surrey. Guess I'm not close enough still, I'm out. Thanks for posting deal OP!
Feb 28, 2011
929 posts
182 upvotes
Surrey
I wonder if PayTM will work?
Tangerine and Public Mobile customer
Feb 22, 2013
827 posts
669 upvotes
Damn. This isn’t limited to one per household. I can see a typical household in Surrey qualifying for multiple $600 bonuses.
Sep 16, 2019
535 posts
612 upvotes
I work and live in Vancouver but my boss put me under a Surrey store payroll... definitely taking advantage of this.