None
[OP]
Apr 19, 2018
41 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver

What is the best CC for Taxi Users?

Dear All,
Can anybody advise What the best CC for Taxi Users is ?
And Why ?

Thank you.
I am not looking to offend anyone.
10 replies
Aug 27, 2012
469 posts
419 upvotes
Calgary
Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite gives you 2% back in travel points and those are as good as cash if used properly on public transit, taxis and uber/lyft. It also won’t charge you 2,5% FX markup unlike vast majority of other cards if you’re taking your taxi abroad and paying for it in a currency other than CAD. It also comes with all the standard insurances for premium cards. Not sure of better card for this purpose, there might be one though.

P.S. This should be in a credit card section of personal finance subforum.
Mar 7, 2010
482 posts
50 upvotes
Scarborough
The CC that bounces
In the Soviet Union - It takes more courage for one to retreat than to advance
Apr 30, 2018
86 posts
168 upvotes
If in Canada, I recommend the no AF Tangerine MC with transportation chosen as one of your 2% category. Uber and taxi across the country have always given me 2%. If abroad, any credit card without FCC. Few that comes to mind is the no AF Roger's WE MC (4% foreign cb, 2.5% FCC, so 1.5% net cb) and no AF Brim MC (1% net cb, no FCC).
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
3299 posts
4007 upvotes
Montreal
havercanada wrote: Dear All,
Can anybody advise What the best CC for Taxi Users is ?
And Why ?

Thank you.
Amex Cobalt gives you 2 MR per dollar spent (worth at a minimum $0.02, but could be much higher, if you use Amex Fixed Points Travel, or transfer to Marriott). That would be my first choice for domestic taxis. Comes with a $10 monthly fee.

The Scotia Passport Visa Infinite gives you 2 Scotia Rewards per dollar spent (worth $0.02 when used as a statement credit for travel, or worth less when used for non-travel). That would be my choice for outside Canada, as that card doesn't charge the 2.5% f/x fee. Comes with a $139 annual fee, and a fantastic suite of travel insurance.
Sep 3, 2018
273 posts
134 upvotes
Altera wrote: Yes then get attacked or raped by a rogue, unverified driver. Much better idea.
So better choose fraud then.

Some AMEX Cobalt users have reported 5X on their Uber rides.