• Jul 2nd, 2020 10:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3622 posts
2487 upvotes
Toronto

What are the best deals to watch for on garage tool chests/toolboxes

Anyone know about these much and can speak on what is the best place to watch for good sales on tool chests?

Looking for something that isn't insanely expensive, don't need the top of the line brands. Probably something like this size.

What deals have you guys found?
matte-black-husky-mobile-workbenches-holc5209bb1m-64_1000.jpg
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
5 replies
Nov 6, 2014
599 posts
903 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
If you're willing to consider used, often poeple unload them on Kijiji for great prices. I got one similar to your picture that's stanless steel for $175 used and great condition. And another for $125. (I have a lot of tools)
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3543 posts
2325 upvotes
GTA
The one you pictured was selling as low as $120 (maybe even less) at Home Depot. 52" with adjustable height top. Git one thanks to RFD. As mentioned before - set notifications on kijij and patiently wait Upside-down Face.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3622 posts
2487 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote: The one you pictured was selling as low as $120 (maybe even less) at Home Depot. 52" with adjustable height top. Git one thanks to RFD. As mentioned before - set notifications on kijij and patiently wait Upside-down Face.
$120 for a tool chest that large? That's insane. How long ago?
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3543 posts
2325 upvotes
GTA
CoolDudeClan wrote: $120 for a tool chest that large? That's insane. How long ago?
No time machine unfortunately, it was in 2018 at various locations. North Brampton had this for $110! Search expired hot deals for:
[Home Depot] HUSKY 52" TOOL BOX/PORTABLE WORK BENCH.......270...YYMV.
and you will find that old thread. Keep checking your local HD as well, I've seen them many times with yellow clearance stickers after that as well.
Nov 6, 2014
599 posts
903 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
CoolDudeClan wrote: $120 for a tool chest that large? That's insane. How long ago?
No word of a lie, I bought the used stainless steel 55" rolling tool chest with hardwood top (mint)from a mechanic at a Honda dealer last summer. It's mastercraft's pro series that retails for $700-800. Took 3 guys to lift it (empty) into my suv. The only thing faulty was he lost the keys but it was unlocked. Scored big time on that kijiji purchase. its this one--------> https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/home- ... -45-off-4/ (not a bad discount for used and missing keys)