Travel

What is best dog friendly hotel chain in canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2016 10:16 am
Tags:
None
Jan 31, 2005
405 posts
56 upvotes

What is best dog friendly hotel chain in canada?

Greetings

I have to drive accross the country later this year, is there anyone that travels canada often that would know what chain is the best for bringing a small dog with you? I've read various conflicting reports via google :( .

Thanks for your help :) .
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Hotels are often independently owned and have thier own rules. You'll just have to check each hotel along the way. Even then, no sense in focusing on one chain when there's usually several pet friendly hotels,even in smaller cities.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
Fyro wrote: Greetings

I have to drive accross the country later this year, is there anyone that travels canada often that would know what chain is the best for bringing a small dog with you? I've read various conflicting reports via google :( .

Thanks for your help :) .
Check Starwood Hotels... I know when I worked for Westin they would provide everything from bowels to doggy beds and treats.

I know a lot of Sheratons are also pet friendly.

www.starwood.com
Apr 4, 2016
4 posts
Yes,

Check Starwood. My wife works for the Corporate office and most Starwood properties allow small dogs. Some may have a pet fee, some will only charge a deposit, which is returned if there's no damage. Check the policy when booking, if it isn't available online, call the 800 number, they have that information.

If you chose Starwood, make sure you sign up for SPG, I may be bias, but it's one of the best hotel programs out there!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
There is a website - I am sure you would be able to find it on Google. Just look for dog friendly hotels in Canada.

Be careful to check out the restrictions with having a dog in the hotel - cost, leaving the dog alone, the maid service etc. Also, I noted that your dog is "small". Our dog weighs 25 lbs. and is considered small. Yet hotels that accept small dogs have been known to cap the small at 20 lbs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)