Art and Photography

What is the best free software with best results for recovering photos from a bad memory card?

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2018 11:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2592 posts
3407 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

What is the best free software with best results for recovering photos from a bad memory card?

Would like some help from the RFD community that has dealt with memory cards that went south of them what is the best free option with the best results to get the photos off the memory card?

I have a Canon 720IS with one of my Sandisk Ultra II 2GB memory cards that gave me an error message that it can't read the card in the camera. All my other memory cards are still working great (knock on wood) and are all of the same brand/model just some are 1GB and some are 2GB.

Yes, all the memory cards are legit as I have bought them all from Tiger Direct many years ago.

Thanks in advance for the help
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1480 posts
121 upvotes
I bought a Lexar sd card that came with Image Rescue 5. It does the job. Before that, I used recuva -- free version did what I needed.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1203 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Download the sandisk program. I do believe it's free.

They all work in a similar manner. I've recovered a number of cards for friends in the past via these types of software.
Some cards can't be recovered.
Dmitri Markine Wedding Photography: My 500pix||My Flickr||My Pinterest||My Instagram
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7724 posts
1603 upvotes
Always format the new card in the camera that you plan to use it in and only use that card in the camera that it was formatted in. Re-format the card again if and when you switch the card to another camera.

Seems minor but this trick has solved a lot of my card issues in the pass.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: