• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 4:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4533 posts
378 upvotes

What is the best real estate brokerage?

Trying to decide which real estate brokerage to join. I tried search on google but I can't find a good unbiased article. Few that I found, it seems like, they were written by someone working for that brokerage they were saying, was the best.

Can anyone here give some advice on a good brokerage to work for in Alberta, mainly Edmonton and Calgary? Like fees, commission etc... Still in the process of learning a lot and study for the real estate license, but I figured I'd get the ball rolling on researching some brokerages. Would be a part time gig, eventually turn into full time if things go steady.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3564 posts
712 upvotes
Scarborough
Depends what you're looking for.

If low commissions/splits, something like Right at Home, iPro, etc.

If "brand name", then RE/MAX, Royal LePage, Century 21.

If internet leads are important to you, then HouseSigma, Zolo, Zoocasa.

There are also niche brokerages that cater to specific sub-segments (eg. condos, luxury market).

You need to drill down to what is important to YOU as an agent, then start interviewing based on that criteria.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4533 posts
378 upvotes
flamez1000 wrote: Depends what you're looking for.

If low commissions/splits, something like Right at Home, iPro, etc.

If "brand name", then RE/MAX, Royal LePage, Century 21.

If internet leads are important to you, then HouseSigma, Zolo, Zoocasa.

There are also niche brokerages that cater to specific sub-segments (eg. condos, luxury market).

You need to drill down to what is important to YOU as an agent, then start interviewing based on that criteria.
Thank you, I will look into this. I'm assuming the brand names would want higher percentage/fees of the commission. Wonder if anyone here works for the brand name agencies who can shed some light on what it is like working there and working as a realtor part time.