Automotive

What is the best way to buy a car with cash?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2016 5:42 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 24, 2009
84 posts
2 upvotes

What is the best way to buy a car with cash?

Looking to buy one of these SUVs with cash. What is the best plan to negotiate for the best price?

MB GLE 450 AMG
MB GLS 350 or 450
Land Rover Sports HSE

TIA
13 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20209 posts
5651 upvotes
GTA
Drop a suitcase full of hundys on the table.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35698 posts
21798 upvotes
Center of Universe
Those 3 vehicles will run you close to $100K each and you are asking us how to negoatiate and pay full in cash?
How about you go direcrly into the dealership, skip all of the sales person, including the manager and talk directly with the GM?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2126 posts
662 upvotes
hire a couple of men in black suits and ray bans....have them bring in suit cases of $5 bills and march into the dealership at the same time...with Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background
Banned
Jan 23, 2016
1430 posts
407 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
The same way you buy any car with cash. You buy it without financing it. The process tends to not start with pretending to be rich on rfd but to each their own.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1771 posts
295 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Those 3 vehicles will run you close to $100K each and you are asking us how to negoatiate and pay full in cash?
How about you go direcrly into the dealership, skip all of the sales person, including the manager and talk directly with the GM?
if this is true , he is trolling..... who pays 100 grands in cash ? Are you related to El Chapo ?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14077 posts
9269 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Go dealership empty handed. Once agreed on a price, go to bank and get bank draft. Go back to dealership and hand in bank draft.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
The above post is correct. There are some incredibly dumb members/posts in this thread. Since when does cash purchase literally mean wads of bills.

100K in a bank draft is nothing unusual for a cash purchaae.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4565 posts
3792 upvotes
Oakville, ON
TiredHands wrote: Looking to buy one of these SUVs with cash. What is the best plan to negotiate for the best price?

MB GLE 450 AMG
MB GLS 350 or 450
Land Rover Sports HSE

TIA
If serious about literally paying cash, call well ahead of delivery to make sure your bank branch has that much money ready for you to pick up.

Otherwise, a "cash purchase" normally involves delivering a cheque (certified) or bank draft when you pick up the car. Car dealerships don't work like people or stores that offer a better price for cash because they're avoiding taxes by not reporting the income.

That said, because dealers and sales reps often get paid more when you take financing you should find out what the cash price is and what the price is if you finance. If financing is lower, take the loan and then pay it off the next month.

The moral of the story is it might actually be a worse deal to pay cash - just make sure the financing is an open loan that you can pay out at any time.
Banned
Jan 28, 2015
883 posts
226 upvotes
Markham
Give me the cash, I'll handle the sale on your behalf.... PM for drop location.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8088 posts
688 upvotes
Brampton
I'm sure op is going to be exporting these cars. Apparently a big business especially with our weaker dollar.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2918 posts
1412 upvotes
Perhaps by cash he means not financing/leasing?

I don't know any dealership that would accept cold hard cash.

To answer your question, I recently bought a truck with "cash"..didn't finance or lease. I told them how much I wanted to pay (got various quotes to see what the market was like)...in the end, I was happy.

Smooth process...agreed upon a price...factory ordered...when it comes in I will provide a bank draft and drive off with my new vehicle.
Banned
Jan 23, 2016
1430 posts
407 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Badman wrote: I'm sure op is going to be exporting these cars. Apparently a big business especially with our weaker dollar.
My dad did that in the 80s. He would fly into edmenton and buy every new pickup truck he could find, put them on a train south and move onto the next city. What a vulture