Site Comments & Suggestions

What is best way to parse food on the go "Hot Deals"?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2021 1:31 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7301 posts
5082 upvotes
Toronto

What is best way to parse food on the go "Hot Deals"?

Disclosure - I don't eat out very often. This was sort of the case before Covid, and much much more since Covid. As such, I don't really pay attention to fast food/food on the go deals.

On the odd occasion that the situation for getting something on the go happens, true RFDer that I am, I would love to target a deal that is in play. I'm usually open minded, so the only main factor would be proximity and good deal. As far as I can tell, my only option is to scroll through Hot Deals, hoping to find something food related. Is there any easier way of doing this?

Has RFD ever considered having a restaurant-ish subforum for Hot Deals? I would find something like this very useful, especially when I am not looking for something specific besides a deal.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
3 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7301 posts
5082 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: We have categories which you can filter deals by. Here's Hot Deals filtered by "Restaurants"

hot-deals-f9/?c=6
Too funny.
All these years here, and I have never used that Category functionality.
Game Changer.
Thanks for clarifying.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4026 posts
10898 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
TomRFD wrote: We have categories which you can filter deals by. Here's Hot Deals filtered by "Restaurants"

hot-deals-f9/?c=6
@TomRFD, how difficult/easy would it be to add a Gift Card category to the list? I always select "Groceries" when I post a new GC thread in Hot Deals. Having a Gift Card category would make it easier to filter out GC specific deals.

Sorry @shikotee, didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)