Personal Finance

What is the best way to transfer funds from CIBC or Tangerine to Saven?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 11:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1518 posts
1915 upvotes
Mississauga

What is the best way to transfer funds from CIBC or Tangerine to Saven?

I opened a new account with Saven and linked the two banks CIBC and Tangerine. What is the easiest and quickest way to move money between CIBC/Tangerine to Saven as it says that it will take 7 days to move the funds? CIBC charges $1.50 as e-transfer fee to send it. Thanks in advance.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ smartwatch plan
Rogers $46.99 - Legacy Gigabit internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21100 posts
5771 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
jadoogar wrote: I opened a new account with Saven and linked the two banks CIBC and Tangerine. What is the easiest and quickest way to move money between CIBC/Tangerine to Saven as it says that it will take 7 days to move the funds? CIBC charges $1.50 as e-transfer fee to send it. Thanks in advance.
Is it 7 days to 'move' the funds, or 7 days to get them fully cleared?
Otherwise, I see Saven supports Interac EMT. Why not pull the money from CIBC into Tangerine, and then interac EMT into Saven?

Also: Saven supports 'requesting' an interac EMT. Does CIBC still charge you $1.50 in this case?
- casual gastronomist -
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1518 posts
1915 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote: Is it 7 days to 'move' the funds, or 7 days to get them fully cleared?
Otherwise, I see Saven supports Interac EMT. Why not pull the money from CIBC into Tangerine, and then interac EMT into Saven?

Also: Saven supports 'requesting' an interac EMT. Does CIBC still charge you $1.50 in this case?
Yes CIBC still charges $1.50 even for a requested interac EMT.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
300 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ smartwatch plan
Rogers $46.99 - Legacy Gigabit internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21100 posts
5771 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
jadoogar wrote: Yes CIBC still charges $1.50 even for a requested interac EMT.
If your time isn't worth even $1.50, maybe you should just wait the 7 days for your money to move...