[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8550 upvotes
GTHA

What border agents can search on your phone (and more) video from CBC

Is this video accurate?
What has been your experience with USCBP agents regarding this issue?

I crossed the border a couple of times last year, never got my phone searched.
Last edited by tk1000 on Mar 2nd, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
851 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
I didn't watch the video, but you can be guaranteed that they have the right to search any and all of your possessions, as well as any part of your body.
Always answer their questions with a "yes sir", "no sir", and nothing else. You do that and you may not have to bend over for them.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Jul 11, 2009
281 posts
77 upvotes
poleman wrote: I didn't watch the video, but you can be guaranteed that they have the right to search any and all of your possessions, as well as any part of your body.
Always answer their questions with a "yes sir", "no sir", and nothing else. You do that and you may not have to bend over for them.
even if it's a woman?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
460 upvotes
poleman wrote: Always answer their questions with a "yes sir", "no sir", and nothing else.
That might work with "are you bringing anything in" but hardly with "where are you going?", "how long are you staying?", "where are you from?", "what is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1130 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
Psychopathetic wrote: That might work with "are you bringing anything in" but hardly with "where are you going?", "how long are you staying?", "where are you from?", "what is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
African or European?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)