Food & Drink

What brand has the best premade frozen chicken wings?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2004 2:07 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes

What brand has the best premade frozen chicken wings?

As the title reads. I'm not sure what brand it was but it was purchased from Costco. Buffalo style and it was pretty brutal. Could you guys suggest ones you'd recommend and how much a package would cost? Thanks.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
14 replies
Jan 18, 2004
199 posts
3 upvotes
I like the 'buffalo' spicy Master Choice ones...

But I put them on my BBQ 'naked' instead of in the oven.

Throw them right on the BBQ grill.

I find it makes them much more 'crispy', because I hate undercooked wings
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2003
2087 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
The spicy breaded Master Choice ones are really good.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
How much do these cost and how many come in a package?
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Jul 16, 2004
385 posts
I just tried the no name Hot buffalo wings
blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
damn thing tasted really bad. *sigh*
don't buy No Name
"God is my favourite fictional character" :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Try the no-name BBQ wings from Loblaws. They are way, way better than the Buffalo ones. In fact, IMHO they rival even the stuff from restaurants
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
116 upvotes
Sudbury
silentio wrote:Try the no-name BBQ wings from Loblaws. They are way, way better than the Buffalo ones. In fact, IMHO they rival even the stuff from restaurants
I concur!
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
[OP]
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Kenny Blankenship wrote:I concur!
I'll give them a try. The Buffalo Wings were just vile.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18193 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
There were threads about this before. But personally honey garlic is my fave and I found President's Choice and No Name brand to be the best. President's Choice has the most sauce and is most "authentic" with real bits of garlic. Also Shneider's has one but it's not microwaveable (oven cooked only).

STAY AWAY from the M&M's and I think Pinty's ones. Those are brutal. All you taste is brown sugar. If the wings look dark on the box, it will come out even darker after microwaving.

This is of course for honey garlic flavour. I rarely eat the other flavours so I can't comment on the rest.

Edit: I think Master's Choice is among the better ones too. These no name brand ones tend to be better than some big names for some reason.

They are about 20 wings per box, for approx. $10 so 50 cents each. No wing tips.

Degenerate wrote:As the title reads. I'm not sure what brand it was but it was purchased from Costco. Buffalo style and it was pretty brutal. Could you guys suggest ones you'd recommend and how much a package would cost? Thanks.
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10366 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
Also, if you like carribean food, get President's Choice Timid Jerk Chicken Wings.

They're awesome, I love them. Definitely not BBQ chicken wings, but I get sick of BBQ wings after about two days in a row. This is a nice change to mix things up.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
I like the timid wings too LOL It is a special type of spicy, not like generic red tobasco stuff

You guys tried the Janes' Lousiana wings? The best. Absolute best. Kind of expensive though they sell those only at Dominion's and it's about 12 dollars prior to tax
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes
the M&M meat shop ones, the louisiana spicy ones are really good
[OP]
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Man why are they so expensive? I might as well go to a Firkin.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1188 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary
danfromwaterloo wrote:Also, if you like carribean food, get President's Choice Timid Jerk Chicken Wings.

They're awesome, I love them. Definitely not BBQ chicken wings, but I get sick of BBQ wings after about two days in a row. This is a nice change to mix things up.

I'll second that
I bought a box a couple weeks ago.. I'm a fan of jerk chicken so I thought I'd give that a try. They are excellent! Will definately be the brand I buy from now on
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1960 posts
210 upvotes
Wr3ck3d wrote:I'll second that
I bought a box a couple weeks ago.. I'm a fan of jerk chicken so I thought I'd give that a try. They are excellent! Will definately be the brand I buy from now on
Yup, this stuff is good. Having tried many different brands sold at No Frills, Loblaws, Sobeys, this is by far the best in my opinion. Remember, it's the GREEN box and it's sold at No Frills and Superstore. Put it in the oven till it's golden brown and crispy. Don't overcook it though!