• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 12:21 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 28, 2021
8 posts

What bureau does RBC use for it's LOCs?

I've read the thread that lists the lenders and the bureaus they use, but is that only for CCs? Has anyone applied for an RBC LOC? I'm pretty sure they'd only use TU just wanna be sure. My EQ is 620 (Equifax is was terribly late at removing a collection and reporting payments) but my TU is 715. I applied for an RBC visa in 2018 and that inquiry only appears on my TU.

Thank you in advance
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9293 posts
10526 upvotes
The Prairies
I have yet to see a single data point that says they have ever pulled EQ.
You can be quite confident that TU is what they'll use.
Jul 21, 2020
106 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
Yup, Transunion only.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7612 posts
1683 upvotes
Scarborough
Yeah even u can see your tu score etc in online banking of rbc…..
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2008
1091 posts
1138 upvotes
apnayloags wrote: Yeah even u can see your tu score etc in online banking of rbc…..
True, but this alone doesn't influence which bureau gets pulled. Most online banking portals that offer a free credit score use TU, but many still pull EQ on the credit dept side.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2021
8 posts
MikeMontrealer wrote: True, but this alone doesn't influence which bureau gets pulled. Most online banking portals that offer a free credit score use TU, but many still pull EQ on the credit dept side.
Yup, CIBC for example. I assume that if they offer that bureaus score you can also bet they at least use it for lending
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9293 posts
10526 upvotes
The Prairies
charles125 wrote: Yup, CIBC for example. I assume that if they offer that bureaus score you can also bet they at least use it for lending
Not always though.
BMO is a good example.
They give the same score as Credit Karma, which is a TransUnion score.
But they mostly pull from EQ.
I have seen them on TransUnion, but it’s not often.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2021
8 posts
coolintheshade wrote: Not always though.
BMO is a good example.
They give the same score as Credit Karma, which is a TransUnion score.
But they mostly pull from EQ.
I have seen them on TransUnion, but it’s not often.
I see thanks for the info, in your opinion do you think a 715 score is good enough to get a LoC?
Jul 21, 2020
106 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
charles125 wrote: I see thanks for the info, in your opinion do you think a 715 score is good enough to get a LoC?
My Equifax score is 705. I got a pre-approval LOC offer from BMO a month ago for $15,000. I do have credit card with them for the last two year.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2021
8 posts
wisden wrote: My Equifax score is 705. I got a pre-approval LOC offer from BMO a month ago for $15,000. I do have credit card with them for the last two year.
Nice 👍🏽, that's great
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9293 posts
10526 upvotes
The Prairies
charles125 wrote: I see thanks for the info, in your opinion do you think a 715 score is good enough to get a LoC?
Hard to say, since that 715 you’re seeing isn’t what the banks will see.
And LOC is based on a lot more than just your credit score.
Income and access to current credit compared to income will play a large part too, among other factors.
All you can do is try.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2021
8 posts
coolintheshade wrote: Hard to say, since that 715 you’re seeing isn’t what the banks will see.
And LOC is based on a lot more than just your credit score.
Income and access to current credit compared to income will play a large part too, among other factors.
All you can do is try.
Hmm My income is $80k and I only have one CC that I got a few weeks ago (there's on TU inquiry for that, first one since 2019), $2500 limit
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9293 posts
10526 upvotes
The Prairies
charles125 wrote: Hmm My income is $80k and I only have one CC that I got a few weeks ago (there's on TU inquiry for that, first one since 2019), $2500 limit
Do you have any other credit product on your report?
Just one credit card could be an issue.
Usually for a PLOC, one should be well established credit wise.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2021
8 posts
coolintheshade wrote: Do you have any other credit product on your report?
Just one credit card could be an issue.
Usually for a PLOC, one should be well established credit wise.
I have credit cards from 2015 that went to collection, been settled since then.

I also have a secured credit card and secured loan I got last September with Refresh financial to rebuild credit.

Edit: if you're referring to my actually credit history it's over 7 years
Dec 20, 2017
809 posts
966 upvotes
I can confirm RBC pulls TU for LOCs.
💳 Collected: RBC VIP for Private Banking, TD VIP, BMO VIP, HSBC Premier WE MC, Amex PP, Amex BP, Amex BG, Amex Cobalt, BMO WE MC, CDC Indigo
[OP]
Aug 28, 2021
8 posts
Delight wrote: I can confirm RBC pulls TU for LOCs.
Thank you for the reply! This is reassuring, do you mind if I ask what you credit score is? Have you had previous dealings with them?
Dec 20, 2017
809 posts
966 upvotes
charles125 wrote: Thank you for the reply! This is reassuring, do you mind if I ask what you credit score is? Have you had previous dealings with them?
TU 851, existing RBC Private banking client.
💳 Collected: RBC VIP for Private Banking, TD VIP, BMO VIP, HSBC Premier WE MC, Amex PP, Amex BP, Amex BG, Amex Cobalt, BMO WE MC, CDC Indigo
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
2366 posts
1241 upvotes
Delight wrote: TU 851, existing RBC Private banking client.
Like Scotiabank, they’re also a TU only shop