• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2020 1:14 pm
[OP]
Nov 1, 2001
823 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto

What to buy on USA Amazon without high duty or shipping

I was given usd Amazon gift cards which seem to be valid only on USA site. Any ideas what to buy without high duty or shipping?
6 replies
Nov 23, 2004
510 posts
793 upvotes
Ontario
If you're a reddit user, there's a sub-reddit for selling/trading gift cards. I often get given/win Amazon.com gift cards through work, and usually just sell them there and take a loss of a couple bucks to at least have cash I can use.
Aug 5, 2012
233 posts
50 upvotes
Kindle books, music download, watch movies, phone chargers, usb cable, etc
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8340 posts
3207 upvotes
Clothing, no import duties now in most cases (USCMA), they still get you on shipping (but the items are relatively small and light so it's not so bad). Shoes still have import duties.

US shippers like UPS and FedEx are raising their rates mid-November to mid-January for the xmas rush, so shipping rates may get worse if you wait.
[OP]
Nov 1, 2001
823 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
rollei wrote: Kindle books, music download, watch movies, phone chargers, usb cable, etc
thanks I'll take a look
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8340 posts
3207 upvotes
If you have a Kindle account you will be forced to use either the US or Canadian service and if you have books in the Canadian service already you cannot buy Kindle books on Amazon.com :(

I had a US account and as soon as I bought my first book on Amazon.ca they made me port my collection to Canada and blocked me from buying from the US. I don't know if Canadians can even have a US account now.