[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2898 posts
83 upvotes
Markham

What came after CERB?

Hey guys

At the beginning of COVID a year ago, I got CERB. After the CERB program ended, I didn't apply for anything else. Was too busy rescuing multiple businesses from death.

I'd assume if I applied at a later date, I can have benefits backdated. What should I be looking into in terms of benefits/free money?

I don't mean to come off as I want to "take money from the government" but I don't want to miss out on some leverage so we can work and contribute more than ever.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1563 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto
What came after Cerb?

300 billion dollar deficit. Crippling inflation. Onerous taxes. Personal responsibility along with a good dose of reckoning.
Don't worry about applying, everyone is going to get it after "money from the government".
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21248 posts
8094 upvotes
Socially Distanced
cowbunpants wrote: What came after Cerb?

300 billion dollar deficit. Crippling inflation. Onerous taxes. Personal responsibility along with a good dose of reckoning.
Don't worry about applying, everyone is going to get it after "money from the government".
Of course there should not have been government support for citizens at all, we should have forced most of the working class lose everything and end up homeless because we should not help people who went into vocations that were not covid proof (since we are all psychic with 100% accuracy) and there were definitely enough jobs for everyone in pandemic proof vocations and pandemic vulnerable vocations never truly needed workers in the first place. And never will :rolleyes:
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1563 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: Of course there should not have been government support for citizens at all, we should have forced most of the working class lose everything and end up homeless because we should not help people who went into vocations that were not covid proof (since we are all psychic with 100% accuracy) and there were definitely enough jobs for everyone in pandemic proof vocations and pandemic vulnerable vocations never truly needed workers in the first place :rolleyes:
Covid didn't wipe out anything.
Government lockdowns did.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21248 posts
8094 upvotes
Socially Distanced
cowbunpants wrote: Covid didn't wipe out anything.
Government lockdowns did.
I see, so this is actually about ideological opposition to keeping people from getting infected and dying.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1563 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: I see, so this is actually about ideological opposition to keeping people from getting infected and dying.
No evidence lockdown saved more people versus no lockdown.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21248 posts
8094 upvotes
Socially Distanced
cowbunpants wrote: No evidence lockdown saved more people versus no lockdown.
Considering this nonsense has been beaten to death not only on RFD but in international discourse does it really make you feel like you are right to go in circles till the cows come home?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1563 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: Considering this nonsense has been beaten to death not only on RFD but in international discourse does it really make you feel like you are right to go in circles till the cows come home?
Yes.
I'm also not taking a vaccine until they put a gun to my head.
Hopefully that does not make you angry.
Goodnight.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
21248 posts
8094 upvotes
Socially Distanced
cowbunpants wrote: Yes.
I'm also not taking a vaccine until they put a gun to my head.
Hopefully that does not make you angry.
Goodnight.
Going in circles for eternity will not make reality go away even if you choose to believe it will.

Going back to the OP, if i am not mistaken CERB was folded into regular EI.
There were also some targeted programs for things like parents with young kids and a few others i have forgotten.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1563 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: Going in circles for eternity will not make reality go away even if you choose to believe it will.
No problem. Not taking the vaccine.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1977 posts
846 upvotes
Antarctica
Quentin5 wrote: Of course there should not have been government support for citizens at all, we should have forced most of the working class lose everything and end up homeless because we should not help people who went into vocations that were not covid proof (since we are all psychic with 100% accuracy) and there were definitely enough jobs for everyone in pandemic proof vocations and pandemic vulnerable vocations never truly needed workers in the first place. And never will :rolleyes:
The problem is the government handled it in the worst way possible. Pseudo lock-downs with very little benefit, politicians and their friends openly violating the same directives they talked about on camera, piss poor enforcement of covid restrictions, absolutely knee jerk reaction to covid despite having a 1-2 month early warning, and no strong public health stance (wasn't there also the so called mask debacle?).

The money they are going to be spending would be saved if the lock-downs were done properly, they heard the scientists and look a sensible stand on it, enforced covid regulations sternly with huge repercussions for law breakers (how many 100 person parties is too many?), threw politicians and their friends out to the curb who came to light making fun of their own directives for the public.

It was all handled so terribly.

Unlike our antivaxxer right-wing "covid is not as bad" friend here, I would take the vaccine but they can't even get that right. Places like US have been doing so well with vaccinations. Didn't we laugh at them last year? Who's laughing now?

To OP: banks offered business loans with grants to eligible small businesses, ask your accountant if you are still eligible for one.
Penalty Box
May 22, 2019
732 posts
162 upvotes
What is the eligibility to apply for CERB this year?

I had reported income of more than 5000 last year
chinaboy1021 wrote: Hey guys

At the beginning of COVID a year ago, I got CERB. After the CERB program ended, I didn't apply for anything else. Was too busy rescuing multiple businesses from death.

I'd assume if I applied at a later date, I can have benefits backdated. What should I be looking into in terms of benefits/free money?

I don't mean to come off as I want to "take money from the government" but I don't want to miss out on some leverage so we can work and contribute more than ever.
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5560 posts
3067 upvotes
Toronto
ilovetoyota wrote: What is the eligibility to apply for CERB this year?

I had reported income of more than 5000 last year
CERB ended last year for general populous. It moved to CRB. But I think you are asking about CEBA which is business $40k + $20k loan with $20k forgiveness if repaid before Dec 2022 and application will be ending on June 2021. So better hurry.