What can I do with my degree?

Okay nvm
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1572 posts
102 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Ask the university. If they are charging you thousands of dollars for the course, they should be able to justify it. After all, they work at a university.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2010
1088 posts
348 upvotes
Lol @ thinking going to university means getting a job
Banned
Nov 12, 2013
927 posts
208 upvotes
Iceland
Unfortunately you picked something that is very broad and careers that people from business, math, engineering, etc backgrounds can also apply to. Whatever you do, do not go back to University for more schooling. Honestly, I don't know where you go from here. Keep applying, improve your resume, and simply work hard at the job search. Maybe you have some people in your networks that can help you.
"Between my salary and the office supplies I pilfer, I'm making 6 figures."
Medicine1T4 wrote: oh that's just a username............... im in grade 12
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
Hydro One network engineer position is open right now.
Banned
Nov 12, 2013
927 posts
208 upvotes
Iceland
eldiablo wrote: Hydro One network engineer position is open right now.
That'll be funny if they actually put that up online.
"Between my salary and the office supplies I pilfer, I'm making 6 figures."
Medicine1T4 wrote: oh that's just a username............... im in grade 12
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
Hydropwnics wrote: That'll be funny if they actually put that up online.
Yes it would. :)
Dec 24, 2013
668 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Theunderstudy wrote: 1.International Economics and Finance - Ryerson University
2.Business Administration - University of Guelph-Humber

Could someone please tell me what jobs are offered with these two programs?
Jobs aren't offered with any degree. All I can say is good luck with those very general and very saturated degrees.
Jul 6, 2008
647 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
eldiablo wrote: Hydro One network engineer position is open right now.
Most of time they open a rec position so they can hire internally, rip all the poor souls who applied hoping to land a hydro one job.
Feb 24, 2013
577 posts
110 upvotes
none of your busines…
gelato69 wrote: Ask the university. If they are charging you thousands of dollars for the course, they should be able to justify it. After all, they work at a university.
The administration will say anything to get your money. Do independent research from reliable sources, don't waste time asking the university anything.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1572 posts
102 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
DealSeeker3000 wrote: The administration will say anything to get your money. Do independent research from reliable sources, don't waste time asking the university anything.
Exactly.
Sep 1, 2011
92 posts
18 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
gelato69 wrote: Exactly.
Try Tim Hortons or Walmart?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2697 upvotes
..lol

Welcome to Wal Mart where people have soul. :lol:
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22333 posts
2979 upvotes
Hang it on a wall :D
Jun 4, 2007
389 posts
260 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Theunderstudy wrote: I was wondering what jobs I can get with the completion of these courses.

1.International Economics and Finance - Ryerson University
2.Business Administration - University of Guelph-Humber

Could someone please tell me what jobs are offered with these two programs?

Thanks in advance!
How old are you? Do you have a family? Debt? Mortgage? Are you tied down? Do you or do your parents/friends know someone that can get you in somewhere?

If not, I suggest you roll up your sleeves and start applying all over Ontario / Canada. Do you have Linkedin? Message recruiters on there. You could get turned down but you've got nothing to lose. Apply to everything and anything, not just to business jobs but jobs that could potentially lead to something better. Don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.

While you're doing all this searching, always keep in mind that having a University degree does not mean that you're entitled to a good job. This is a mistake that many University graduates from Ontario have. That's why most of them are in their late 20s, living with their parents and waiting for their big break. Remember, you still have to fight and crawl like the rest of us and you're only entitled to what you can earn right here, right now. Nobody owes you anything.

Also, get smart, use common sense. Signing up for Red Flag Deals and asking a bunch of strangers what you can do with the education that you took and studied for years is not using your common sense. I forgive you if you're young but as someone above me said, you should be going back to your school and asking them those same questions.
Jan 13, 2011
462 posts
8 upvotes
don't believe it or not it is possible to get jobs outside your field of study
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1467 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
you guys are too harsh. of course OP should have known what career prospects would he have before he went to post-secondary school, but i see a lot of office jobs asking for his degrees. so it's not useless. plus he has post-secondary credits, which means he can apply to the police force or become a firefighter. if I were you OP, i'd start looking for office clerk jobs, a lot of these pay around $18-$22 to start. probably could get an entry-payroll clerk job easily as well.