Automotive

What car for this money? (15K -out of lease -low mileage if possible)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 3:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1430 posts
175 upvotes
East York, ON

What car for this money? (15K -out of lease -low mileage if possible)

Hi guys

I am trying to get a new car, it will be a car to kill as I am commuting 50km one way every day.
So I am interested in low mileage some warranty left and I would like to pay around 15K
Year should be 2016-2017 or newer since I want some warranty left
Low mileage means <36K

Any suggestions for what I should be looking for?
[external link removed, do not repost]
9 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
19419 posts
2506 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Just get an eco box, do the maintenance and you should be good. With mileage that low you'll still have warranty coverage which is nice. I did a search for < 35000km's, 2016+, <15000 and there were 169 results. Saw a Honda Fit (always liked that car) a corolla (RFD fan favourite) and plenty of Kia's (Personally have had great results with mine. There is even a 2018 Forte with 6200 km's on it. That's basically brand new.).
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2007 posts
509 upvotes
Woodbridge
Mitsubishi Mirage can be had brand new for that price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1430 posts
175 upvotes
East York, ON
Evil Baby wrote: Just get an eco box, do the maintenance and you should be good. With mileage that low you'll still have warranty coverage which is nice. I did a search for < 35000km's, 2016+, <15000 and there were 169 results. Saw a Honda Fit (always liked that car) a corolla (RFD fan favourite) and plenty of Kia's (Personally have had great results with mine. There is even a 2018 Forte with 6200 km's on it. That's basically brand new.).
What is the meaning of Eco box, I have seen a thread around here but I could not get the idea from that tread?
is that a generic name for an economy car? (these are generally small compact cars, I need some head room)
[external link removed, do not repost]
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
19419 posts
2506 upvotes
Niagara Falls
CuriousC wrote: What is the meaning of Eco box, I have seen a thread around here but I could not get the idea from that tread?
is that a generic name for an economy car? (these are generally small compact cars, I need some head room)
Yes. All the cars a very similar, but basically a sub-compact sedan / hatch. Try the vehicles out, they'll probably have the head room for you. I can tell you my dad who's not huge but around 6ft 1, and north of 230 felt more comfortable in the rented Elandtra than he did in his 2013 Malibu.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1216 posts
1345 upvotes
at that price you are probably looking at a compact sedan like a corolla, civic, elantra or mazda 3. The corolla will probably be the most reliable point a to point b car. Civic and mazda 3 will probably be more fun to drive ? dunno. If you are buying off someone on kijiji make sure the car is not salvaged (has a clean title) no accidents. Then ask to bring their car to a mechanic to have it inspected. Don't buy a car without getting it inspected first. The 100 dollar give or take for the inspection is nothing compared to the potential repair bill down the road.
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1162 upvotes
Corolla or Civic (base models)

Both can be had for $15K for 2016 model with around 40-50km

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)