Real Estate

This is what condo developers think condos will be worth in Toronto in 2025 (Price list pictures inside)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2019 4:22 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3700 posts
690 upvotes
Hamilton
So basically.
None of us can predict the future.
But we all seem to agree this is excessively priced in comparison to what's out there in similar locations and quality right now.
This somehow turned into a bulls VS bears argument even when both parties seem to feel the same about this project. How weird.
Lets not get this thread locked pls as I want to follow this project for entertainment purposes regarding this project and how it unfolds.
Jan 29, 2010
738 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
I have a dream. I dream that all bears and bulls and everything in between can live together in peace and harmony. No more wars and fightings and arguments between the two. I dream of a bear looking into the eyes of a bull and say “you are my friend and I want to share this incredible deal on a $100 (but 80% off) electric pepper crusher with you”.
Nov 5, 2018
530 posts
620 upvotes
Scarborough
sidshock wrote: So basically.
None of us can predict the future.
But we all seem to agree this is excessively priced in comparison to what's out there in similar locations and quality right now.
This somehow turned into a bulls VS bears argument even when both parties seem to feel the same about this project. How weird.
Lets not get this thread locked pls as I want to follow this project for entertainment purposes regarding this project and how it unfolds.
Agreed. Let’s see how this turns out.
Money, Common Stocks, Credit Cards, Coupons, Condos (MCCCC)
Jul 4, 2018
183 posts
113 upvotes
Looks like one million for a one BR is not far away.
Jul 10, 2018
486 posts
440 upvotes
If it does sell out, it won't be to Canadians or Torontonians.
Jan 15, 2010
372 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
TheSinner wrote: If it does sell out, it won't be to Canadians or Torontonians.
As has been the case with most precons for the last few years.
Nov 5, 2018
530 posts
620 upvotes
Scarborough
It will be interesting to see how the United’s prices will affect current pre-construction projects and future ones debuting this year. Will other developers follow suit?
Money, Common Stocks, Credit Cards, Coupons, Condos (MCCCC)
Apr 14, 2017
966 posts
427 upvotes
DT Calgary
moofur wrote: Proximity to U of T, Queen's Park, and hospital row means a lot of high paying jobs,, international students, and well paid renters. It's also close to City Hall, Yonge/Dundas, and right on the subway line.

One Yonge is great too since it's close to the South Core, so it depends on what you're looking for.
I highly doubt the people that work nearby and can afford to buy these exorbitant priced condos would ever consider living here. If you're making that kind of money, I highly doubt you're going to buy some tiny shoe box and throw all your money into it just to get by when there's so many better and cheaper prices around.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1481 posts
678 upvotes
FreshCo wrote: I highly doubt the people that work nearby and can afford to buy these exorbitant priced condos would ever consider living here. If you're making that kind of money, I highly doubt you're going to buy some tiny shoe box and throw all your money into it just to get by when there's so many better and cheaper prices around.
There are a lot of rich international students so the proximity to U of T is attractive.

There are also some who may treat this as a pied-a-terre. I actually used to work with someone who had one. They're actually more common than we think.

Lastly, there are going to be those who buy this as an investment property to rent out for short term rentals. Hospital Row is one of the largest clusters of world class medical institutions in the world, and there are a lot of researchers, patients, temporary workers etc. that come all over the world and gather in Toronto and around the area.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9345 posts
4479 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: It will be interesting to see how the United’s prices will affect current pre-construction projects and future ones debuting this year. Will other developers follow suit?
If it sells well, you know they will.
Nov 10, 2017
628 posts
379 upvotes
Next upcoming project to watch on my list are 101 Spadina - Great Gulf and The Well - Allied/Tridel. Can't wait to see their price point.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2832 posts
796 upvotes
Toronto
took a glance at the floor plans...they're pretty poorly designed...for the price. For eg. all the 2 bedroom units, the second bedroom is tucked near the entrance with no windows.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1476 posts
402 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: Personally, I am a bull and I have invested in Toronto real estate. But IMO, these prices are absurd. There are many projects in downtown Toronto that are wayyy better value. I thought YSL was expensive in the summer and even that is far cheaper than this trash. Just because people think the project is expensive and stupid does NOT mean we are bears. It is what it is--a stupid and expensive project for uninformed people who don't understand the value of a dollar.
Agreed. I own one property currently, soon will be looking for a second, so I'm not a "bear" as OP calls it... But this is ridiculous.

This is a dangerous game of musical chairs.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7955 posts
4963 upvotes
moofur wrote: There are a lot of rich international students so the proximity to U of T is attractive.

There are also some who may treat this as a pied-a-terre. I actually used to work with someone who had one. They're actually more common than we think.

Lastly, there are going to be those who buy this as an investment property to rent out for short term rentals. Hospital Row is one of the largest clusters of world class medical institutions in the world, and there are a lot of researchers, patients, temporary workers etc. that come all over the world and gather in Toronto and around the area.
Yep... Princess Margaret, Hospital for Sick Kids, Mount Sinai and Toronto General all clustered together... no doubt many from around the country and even the world come (Sick Kids and Princess Margaret) and loved ones need places to stay - those condos would be great fit.

Then you got U of T downtown and tons of students who need places to stay -- easy rental.

Then the emerging tech sector and the usual finance sector and tons of professionals who need to be downtown.

Condos are still very easy to rent out and will be for the foreseeable future.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9345 posts
4479 upvotes
Marubozu wrote: Agreed. I own one property currently, soon will be looking for a second, so I'm not a "bear" as OP calls it... But this is ridiculous.

This is a dangerous game of musical chairs.
You know it's bad when you have bulls saying "WTF?".