Real Estate

This is what condo developers think condos will be worth in Toronto in 2025 (Price list pictures inside)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2019 4:22 pm
Aug 16, 2011
360 posts
226 upvotes
OTTAWA
joepipe wrote: people thought bitcoin had a lot of potential too , it also doubled , tripled, etc. :facepalm: ..... just sayin theres a lot of cranes out there and some ridiculous prices

but hey, go ahead buy one.... we'll see in 5 years
People/investors have forgotten how a downturn in real estate actually looks like... circa 1989-1995, early 2000s-2003, US 2007-2012.. people were losing their shirts buying Vegas condos similarly marketed like this. Its good times right now but the peak is usually followed by a trough especially when prices look like its going parabolic.
[OP]
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1161 upvotes
Jeremyl007 wrote: People/investors have forgotten how a downturn in real estate actually looks like... circa 1989-1995, early 2000s-2003, US 2007-2012.. people were losing their shirts buying Vegas condos similarly marketed like this. Its good times right now but the peak is usually followed by a trough especially when prices look like its going parabolic.
LOL dont know what is worse with you bears...comparing Toronto to Vegas or Toronto to Bitcoin.

All you bears have lost your mind. Literally lost your mind.

Imagine comparing Real Estate in one of North America's top cities (with immigrants coming in and literally breaking records every year....some with A LOT of money), to a fake internet currency that was pumped up and purchased by a bunch of neck beards from Reddit.

You bears are really really pathetic.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1905 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
ekcivichb wrote: LOL dont know what is worse with you bears...comparing Toronto to Vegas or Toronto to Bitcoin.

All you bears have lost your mind. Literally lost your mind.

Imagine comparing Real Estate in one of North America's top cities (with immigrants coming in and literally breaking records every year....some with A LOT of money), to a fake internet currency that was pumped up and purchased by a bunch of neck beards from Reddit.

You bears are really really pathetic.
buying condos in Toronto at $1700 a square foot that are not closing for another 6 years is pure speculation on future prices...

......just like buying bitcoin at $10k speculating its going to $100k
Feb 13, 2018
445 posts
398 upvotes
Pure speculators
I just hope those people won’t need bail out 2025.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1802 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
Bears are being priced out more and more, every day.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
9837 posts
5149 upvotes
joepipe wrote: buying condos in Toronto at $1700 a square foot that are not closing for another 6 years is pure speculation on future prices...

......just like buying bitcoin at $10k speculating its going to $100k
You are correct. It is PURE speculation by the builder. I don't like it at all because what if the price is $800K but by the time the property closes it's worth $650K? Builder doesn't give a flying EFF! They're gone with the money. If value is $1M, builder considers cancelling the project. Buyer takes all the risk.

We agree here.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
8362 posts
5470 upvotes
rfdchan wrote: Pure speculators
I just hope those people won’t need bail out 2025.
most of the people buying in this building will be foreigners anyways looking to park their money
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1905 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote: You are correct. It is PURE speculation by the builder. I don't like it at all because what if the price is $800K but by the time the property closes it's worth $650K? Builder doesn't give a flying EFF! They're gone with the money. If value is $1M, builder considers cancelling the project. Buyer takes all the risk.

We agree here.
Exactly, but now you're a bear because you disagree with the Kool aid pumpers on RFD...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
8362 posts
5470 upvotes
joepipe wrote: Exactly, but now you're a bear because you disagree with the Kool aid pumpers on RFD...
He's not a bear at all..he just doesnt agree with this builder's ways.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1905 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote: He's not a bear at all..he just doesnt agree with this builder's ways.
I agree, but my point is there are the usual clowns on here who reply with their bear BS for anyone who disagrees with ridiculous condo pricing...

just noticed good ol Garth noted this condo development on his blog tonight lol...

https://www.greaterfool.ca/2019/03/29/the-stretch
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1905 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
ilim wrote: Bears are being priced out more and more, every day.
and better off too so they don't get bankrupted by ridiculous condo prices like this developer is trying to scam out of them...
Jul 10, 2018
507 posts
470 upvotes
ilim wrote: Bears are being priced out more and more, every day.
You are too, if you had any intention of increasing the size of your RE portfolio.
Nov 5, 2018
606 posts
811 upvotes
Scarborough
I am someone who believes in the future of Toronto. Like many mentioned, no one has a crystal ball. But, it is nauseating seeing some of the developments with these crazy prices. I know I sound hopeful and naive when I say this, but I wish prices would find equilibrium and increase steadily instead of these crazy gains every year. Out of everyone’s control, but it would be nice to see gradual increases instead of the current madness in prices.
Money, Common Stocks, Credit Cards, Coupons, Condos (MCCCC)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1905 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
TheSinner wrote: You are too, if you had any intention of increasing the size of your RE portfolio.
lol ilim just got owned Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
8362 posts
5470 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: I am someone who believes in the future of Toronto. Like many mentioned, no one has a crystal ball. But, it is nauseating seeing some of the developments with these crazy prices. I know I sound hopeful and naive when I say this, but I wish prices would find equilibrium and increase steadily instead of these crazy gains every year. Out of everyone’s control, but it would be nice to see gradual increases instead of the current madness in prices.
blame stress test, foreign buyer tax, etc... maybe more people could afford towns, semis and even singles but are stuck buying smaller condos