Shopping Discussion

What is covered by Ikea's mattress warranty?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2021 8:00 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1284 posts
2935 upvotes

What is covered by Ikea's mattress warranty?

I bought a mattress at Ikea 4.5 years ago and I noticed around last year that the springs on my Eurotop mattress are incredibly squeaky and there is a noticeable sag in the middle of the bed. I haven't done anything silly like jump on the bed and I'm the only one that sleeps on it, so I'm confused why the springs would have failed already.

The 25 year warranty says it covers "This limited warranty covers defects in material and workmanship in the following components of the mattresses and/or bed bases described above from the date of purchase from IKEA.".

So does that mean my mattress would be covered? Seems quite vague
5 replies
May 27, 2012
209 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
i do not know first hand but i remember reading reddit post where some one said ... you have to take the mattress back to ikea to get it inspected?

so just the cost of renting a small truck for transport meant the warranty was useless.

i would suggest calling the store to find out... please also post what information you learned.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28321 posts
8783 upvotes
adnanakhtar wrote: i do not know first hand but i remember reading reddit post where some one said ... you have to take the mattress back to ikea to get it inspected?

so just the cost of renting a small truck for transport meant the warranty was useless.

i would suggest calling the store to find out... please also post what information you learned.
What would it cost you to rent such a vehicle for a day $40-50? That seems a lot cheaper than a mattress, no? Best idea is probably to "phone a friend" with a pickup, etc. who'd be able to help you out of course. Though granted not everyone has such friends.
Dec 4, 2017
302 posts
273 upvotes
Most mattress manufacturers recommend you rotate the bed every 3 months to even out the wear.

Best to contact your local IKEA store. It's based on their discretion how to handle your springs complaint/issue. Lol show up to the store with some dark circles under your eyes or hold your lower back to dramatize pain to sell your case.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/files/pdf/b0 ... _web_a.pdf
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2782 posts
2055 upvotes
Toronto
Unlikely to cover the sag let us know how it goes.
May 27, 2012
209 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
To compare, I did a claim for zinus who makes spa sensation for Walmart

It was all send pics by email. Scan ur receipt
They send new one by truck and told me to recycle old one