What credit cards are you using?
I thought I'd create this thread to solicit feedback/criticisms about the cards I actively use myself, and to see if others can benefit from a lively discussion about which card(s) are best for their own needs. These are NOT cards I churn, and they've been a staple in my wallet for years.
#1: AMEX SPG
- for everything I possibly can
- best point redemption values @ 6-10%+ when I redeem them at hotels where and when I actually stay
- accepted almost everywhere I go (except Costco...)
- was told by Frank Abagnale that AMEX has the best policies in the event of fraudulent use
#2: MBNA Rewards World Elite Mastercard
- for all those other places that don't take AMEX
- no annual fee with 2% cash back on everything, no limit, redeemable direct to my chequing account in increments of $50
#3: Chase Marriott Rewards Visa
- used almost exclusively on transactions involving foreign exchange (no FX fee)
- haven't been able to make use of the annual free night credit
- considered replacing with the Amazon Visa, but waiting to see what happens with the Marriott-SPG merger