What’s better: laundry on second floor or extra bathroom

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 9:38 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50464 posts
14780 upvotes
ONTARIO
arbytor wrote: Avoid the idea of washroom if it is located right above the kitchen. Bad feng shui.
Wow true.
Its kinda like the saying “don’t shit where you eat”.

Doing your business right above your food has to be all sorts of negative energy
Last edited by UrbanPoet on Aug 8th, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
2719 posts
2803 upvotes
mao246 wrote: What are these stands you mention in words of advice?
Those "pedestal" stands for easy reach to the washer/dryer. These are not stable on a second floor tile floor. Better to keep the machines flat on their feet so you adjust. The washer will spin properly without moving/shaking. Pedestal stands are better for a basement floor. Or better yet, stack the units.
Jun 9, 2021
5 posts
5 upvotes
Laundry in basement especially if its not finished and another washroom in actual living space will have better value to property value
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7597 posts
3379 upvotes
Our laundry was in the mud room, we moved it to the basement to reclaim mudroom space.

We do laundry once a week at most, usually once every two. It isn't much work to carry a load down and then back up the stairs. We aren't that lazy...yet.

I would trade laundry space for an extra bathroom every day of the week. I'm pretty sure your kids would too (if you have any).

And I wouldn't worry about bathroom/kitchen placement nonsense. There are lots of homes off the top of my head that I can think of that have master bath over the kitchen. All of those homeowners have led happy, healthy, productive lives up until now.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
May 9, 2019
370 posts
779 upvotes
GTA
The only benefits I see to basement laundry are avoiding noise and avoiding more serious house damage if something leaks... otherwise, love my 2nd floor laundry.
Some say they're sick of my crap.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4404 posts
808 upvotes
absolutely 3rd bathroom over 2nd flr laundry
Dec 24, 2007
857 posts
144 upvotes
GTA
RichmondCA wrote: I'd be curious of all who responded, how many do laundry regularly. Then ask the same question of people who live in homes and are responsible for laundry. lol
as a person who does laundry I need a bungalow
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1585 posts
1390 upvotes
Etobicoke
Makes no sense when people say no laundry on second floor due to risk of leaks when they replace it with a bathroom. Both are water sources, both have a risk of leaks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)