What’s the ultimate rice mod?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 12:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1843 posts
526 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: I think you guys need to visit japan to see the current trends for ricer mods.
And the girls driving them lol I love hot girls driving souped up cars with rims and manual stick and all that, my gf drives a versa and don’t care about nothing it’s just a appliance and gets from point A to B hahaha.When Paul walker meets Doms sister in the first fast and furious and she takes him out for a date and she’s slamming through those gears and looking hot haha my god love that.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Yup those airplane spoilers. Screams I’m a ricer lol

Pho got those ugly altezza tailights back in the day were riceyAF
C302E7C1-3730-491C-910D-48F6A6C5E5AF.png
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
mikka2017 wrote: Yup those airplane spoilers. Screams I’m a ricer lol

Pho got those ugly altezza tailights back in the day were riceyAF

C302E7C1-3730-491C-910D-48F6A6C5E5AF.png
I love how Moog says altezzas about his first Gti modding.

Toronto is just not very warm to the idea of modded cars. Funny because our roads are actually way better than the ones in California and they must be the capital of Leo riders and slammed cambered rides.

I saw a modded s2000 the other night. The guys exhaust sounded like finger nails on a chalk board. It was heavily modified but it still sounded like Shit!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Hindustunna wrote: I secretly want underglow to make a comeback
That would look good on some cars, confirmation bias aside. I saw a guy who was driving a Camry from the 90s early 200s with a bench spoiler. Now that is heneous! Mods work on some cars while others it accentuates the inner rice. Even a mk4 gti golf looks good modded but I’m biased towards hot hatches. Sedans just have a very limited shelf life with aesthetics. You guys can disagree I don’t give a shit. Hence why I mod my Kia lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3129 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.
Dec 7, 2018
115 posts
50 upvotes
I would say ANY exhaust note, that is trying to bring attention to itself, on a 4 CYLINDER.
Fortune favours the bold...
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
My bad. That is a Mini. Lulz!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Gotta hate the DE badging/substitute/alternative badging of another brand.
Feb 16, 2016
937 posts
494 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
Tainted tail/brake lights for me. Some are dangerously hard to see and I’m sometimes surprised they’re legal.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Potrice wrote: Tainted tail/brake lights for me. Some are dangerously hard to see and I’m sometimes surprised they’re legal.
They're not. Cops just don't bother to enforce it.

Same for modified exhausts, HIDEZZZ, even people running around with no front plates.

Source: I have two of those infractions on my own car, lulz.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
Funny how people gets so wound up about what other people do to THEIR OWN cars. If it doesn't affect safety or causes a disturbance, why should you care?
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Chrno wrote: Funny how people gets so wound up about what other people do to THEIR OWN cars. If it doesn't affect safety or causes a disturbance, why should you care?
Agreed however there are certain mods that do encroach on people’s right to peaceful travel and existence? I can concede that hearing a neighbours straight piped vehicle every morning would be quite trying. To that end ford has made a great step forward in the new mustangs multi noise settings. With hybridization maybe sports car enthusiasts can have our cake and eat it too?

I’ll be getting a muffler on my car soon just because I don’t want to be a nuisance not that it bugs me. I’ve been running it like this for too long to notice.

I’ll still keep the aesthetics going.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I'm actually happy my neighborhood has its fair share of loud sports cars. This means that we won't complain about each other's cars and haven't received a noise complaint since forever from others. We also have a friendly neighborhood car meet once in a while too. Granted it also helps that these cars have quality exhausts like from Akrapovic, Perrin, HKS, and I think the cheapest is the Borla on the Camaro. No one has straight pipes or cheap ebay mufflers.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
bomber17 wrote: I'm actually happy my neighborhood has its fair share of loud sports cars. This means that we won't complain about each other's cars and haven't received a noise complaint since forever from others. We also have a friendly neighborhood car meet once in a while too. Granted it also helps that these cars have quality exhausts like from Akrapovic, Perrin, HKS, and I think the cheapest is the Borla on the Camaro. No one has straight pipes or cheap ebay mufflers.
Offensive noise is still offensive any way too look at it. I live near a popular hang out spot and hear all kinds of cars ranging from typical fart cannons to exotics with pops and bangs loud enough to wake the dead. You haven’t heard loud until you’ve heard a V12/V10s backfire as they downshift outside your window. These cars do sound glorious but hearing it almost every day? I don’t think so.
Jul 7, 2005
604 posts
177 upvotes
Decel pop is **CKING annoying!!! those that mod for this on their g'damn Kia/Hyundai/Honda are ********!!
Nov 7, 2017
534 posts
571 upvotes
Durham
Alot has been covered already here, but one thing no one mentioned was LED strips. I hate seeing LED strips taped around the license plates OR LED strips in place of where the fogs would be.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
waitin4BOOST wrote: Decel pop is **CKING annoying!!! those that mod for this on their g'damn Kia/Hyundai/Honda are ********!!
What about Toyota/Ford/VW/ et cetera?

Nev0513 wrote: Alot has been covered already here, but one thing no one mentioned was LED strips. I hate seeing LED strips taped around the license plates OR LED strips in place of where the fogs would be.
The new Elantr GT has turn signals as an LED strip factory!
Jul 7, 2005
604 posts
177 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: What about Toyota/Ford/VW/ et cetera?
Actually, I should reiterate....decel pop is annoying period! but more-so WHEN unnecessary....just like all the rice mods: huge spoilers/diffusers/front canards/hood scoops/neg. camber/stickers/fart cans etc. etc.

My motorcycle does it, it stinks up my gear and everything in my bag....but i'm too lazy to remove SAI and re-tune. Its kinda like cow manure you get desensitized to the smell over time, but beginning of riding season it reeks.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
waitin4BOOST wrote: Actually, I should reiterate....decel pop is annoying period! but more-so WHEN unnecessary....just like all the rice mods: huge spoilers/diffusers/front canards/hood scoops/neg. camber/stickers/fart cans etc. etc.

My motorcycle does it, it stinks up my gear and everything in my bag....but i'm too lazy to remove SAI and re-tune. Its kinda like cow manure you get desensitized to the smell over time, but beginning of riding season it reeks.
Well, most aftermarket aesthetic mods are inconsequential (not useless) towards performance and that covers all kinds of cars. I'm pretty sure ricers putting on canards and splitters do so aren't thinking it's going to give them mad downforce but it's a look they want. Ford Focus RS, EVO X, WRX STI, Civic Type R, all these cars DO NOT need that ridiculous spoiler but it makes them differentiate from the bland trim. Manufacturers still love to state it makes a difference... yeah like 0-000001%.

Couldn't you put on multi-baffling muflers on your bike and still ride like you do? Yes but you don't want to because it zaps the enjoyment out of riding a sports bike and yeah the safety thing so cars can hear you if not see you blah blah blah. Guess we won't get electric bikes then.