Shopping Discussion

What day of the week does new products drop at Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2019 3:47 pm
Nov 22, 2018
5 posts
10 upvotes

What day of the week does new products drop at Costco?

Trying to figure out what day of the week to visit Costco. Is there a particular day that new products are on the floor?

Also any suggestion for the least busy Costco location to go to around the GTA?

Thanks!
Last edited by Stardust215 on Aug 12th, 2019 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Costco gets semi trailers every day / night it seems.
Always something arriving, be it food, dairy, or other goods.
So I don’t think there is a specific day for deliveries

What does happen tho, is their flyers begin on a Monday and end on a Sunday
(Current one runs August 5th thru August 18th)

This corresponds too with how the VERY DEDICATED TEAM of RFDers (Regular posters just like you) post their weekly updates for Costco East & Costco West here in the HOT DEALS FORUM

Combined with the Costco Flyers on Flipp

I find those weekly threads very helpful when it comes to deciding what I might want / need ... or plain want to see in person @ a Costco Warehouse in any given week

I also look at the Costco.ca website weekly too ... especially the Weekly Treasure Hot - Hot Buys - and Going, Going, Gone sections

As not everything that Costco sells is found in the Warehouses

RFD HOT DEALS
Costco East Thread (August 5th thru 11th, 2019) = http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-c ... 9-2303920/
Costco West Thread (August 5th thru 11th, 2019) = http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-w ... 0-2303983/
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
I noticed the pics from Costco East are from QC. Are deals carried similarly across Ontario too?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
JKCanada wrote: I noticed the pics from Costco East are from QC. Are deals carried similarly across Ontario too?
Yes pricing is similar... the Costco variables are Eastern Canada vs Western Canada more than anything else

And sometimes of course not every store has exactly the same assortment of items on the floor to make up the just under 4000 items in their Warehouse Inventory

Store # 1 - Item A sells out Quickly ... It’s spot is replaced by a new item on the Inventory List

Store # 2 - Item A sells slowly ... the replacement item for the spot doesn’t happen now from the August List, it comes when Item A is gone ... maybe the September or October List of new items

So no two stores may have exactly ALL the same items, at the same time

So browsing the RFD HOT DEALS weekly threads, the Costco.ca website, or even visiting other warehouses (here in Canada or USA) can be a useful / rewarding exercise ... especially when it comes to Seasonal Items or limited time offer things
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
JKCanada wrote: I noticed the pics from Costco East are from QC. Are deals carried similarly across Ontario too?
Every clearance price can vary warehouse to warehouse, even between 2 Costco's in the same city. A lot of stuff you're going to find the same pricing but it can be YMMV for other stuff. I forget all the numbers... but a short list of things to know:

Prices with a * on the placard are stuff that's not being reordered (sometimes just for the season, sometimes forever)
Prices than end in .99 are regular price
Prices that end in .97 are clearance and likely won't drop any further
Prices that end in .88 or .00 are manager specials and you're probably not going to find that same price/item at a different Costco.

But yes, the deals in QC and ON will be mostly similar.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1218 posts
601 upvotes
North of Toronto
I asked my buddy, he is a manager at a Costco, they get 5-9 Full trailers minimum of product every night from their distribution center. That doesn't count direct shipments from vendors like milk, etc.

They get new products any day of the week. Sometimes they do not get put on the floor until their is room or a similar product is clearanced.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)