Group Deals

What DEAL of the DAY deals would you like?

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2011 9:23 pm

Poll: What category would be your FIRST choice of a deal that you would purchase?

  • Total votes: 50. You have voted on this poll.
Automotive
 
3
6%
Beauty & Spas
 
1
2%
Entertainment
 
7
14%
Fashion & Apparel
 
2
4%
Fitness & Sports
 
2
4%
Food & Dining
 
16
32%
Home & Garden
 
2
4%
Technology
 
14
28%
Health
 
1
2%
Travel & Tourism
 
2
4%
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 18, 2010
11 posts
2 upvotes

What Products/Places/Services would you like a Group Deal for?

I would like to see group deals for the following:

-Cineplex
-Sporting Events
-Concerts
-Theatre Productions (i.e., Wicked, Calendar Girls etc.)
-Mongolian Grill
-Pizzaiolo
-The Green Eggplant
-California Sandwiches
-Swiss Chalet
-Benihana
-Ruths Chris Steakhouse

Those are just a few. I notice when I go to Deal Radar that there are a lot of spa and dental type deals and in the "Food" section it seems to now be overrun with case sales of steaks, chicken, sausages etc. Also, it appears that there is a lot of the same restaurants that repeat themselves by using different group deal plans. I have seen a number of places who repeat their opportunities of sales with other sites yet they are struggling to succeed with proper business management whether it be that they cannot fulfil their agreement because they got too busy or, they cannot fulfil a service because they are constantly booked up (see The Butcher Shop and Crumbs and Co. threads).

Please post what you would like to see!
50 replies
Banned
User avatar
Apr 3, 2011
93 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
loca2010 wrote: I would like to see group deals for the following:

-Cineplex
-Sporting Events
-Concerts
-Theatre Productions (i.e., Wicked, Calendar Girls etc.)
-Mongolian Grill
-Pizzaiolo
-The Green Eggplant
-California Sandwiches
-Swiss Chalet
-Benihana
-Ruths Chris Steakhouse

Those are just a few. I notice when I go to Deal Radar that there are a lot of spa and dental type deals and in the "Food" section it seems to now be overrun with case sales of steaks, chicken, sausages etc. Also, it appears that there is a lot of the same restaurants that repeat themselves by using different group deal plans. I have seen a number of places who repeat their opportunities of sales with other sites yet they are struggling to succeed with proper business management whether it be that they cannot fulfil their agreement because they got too busy or, they cannot fulfil a service because they are constantly booked up (see The Butcher Shop and Crumbs and Co. threads).

Please post what you would like to see!

I would love a Ruths Chris voucher... something along the lines of "$40 for $100"... that would be a night.. so expensive otherwise! But that may be why we have not seen one yet!
Always looking for a good deal in the GTA! PM me if you have found something I haven't.

Sites I use: Groupon, Wagjag, Snaggies, Kijiji and sometimes Livingsocial.

Smile and wear sunscreen.
Sr. Member
Aug 5, 2005
522 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I would really like the one for Fairmont Royal York - High Tea. I missed out the first time and have always wanted to go since last year. :cry:

It was with wagjag where it was only $38 for 2 people! Regular price is $35 per person.
- http://www.wagjag.com/index.php?_page=home&wagjag=9867 <-- please come back ^^
Feedback: ebay
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
51 upvotes
GNC

Harveys!

Pizza Hut
Pizza Pizza

Dairy Queen

MM meat shops!
Member
User avatar
Sep 1, 2010
231 posts
66 upvotes
Hamilton
DEALS ARE GOOD.

What other deals would you like to see? Are there any .com businesses you would like to see?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
51 upvotes
WTF REF wrote: DEALS ARE GOOD.

What other deals would you like to see? Are there any .com businesses you would like to see?
Swiss Chalet is a .com

Just-eat maybe that is online food ordering.
but then Just eat would have to do better then last year when they had "free pizza" here and it took 2 and a half hours for a pizza.
haven't used their service since even though a few places nearby are on there.
Banned
User avatar
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1616 upvotes
North York
i just posted a just-eat deal a few days ago.
i would like to see.

AMC - movies tickets!!
GAMESTOP/EB GAMES - games!!
ROGERS - any discounts from any rogers service...magazines to rentals to tickets.
TEKSAVVY - commitment discounts!! hardware discounts. referral perks.
EBAY - cash back please
PAYPAL - cash back please
SONG COOK RESTAURANT this place here - song-cooks-authentic-korean-restaurant- ... st12933028
just-eat - who doesn't order food once in a while?
the butchers - cmon who doesn't want a part 2 of this place?
Member
User avatar
Sep 1, 2010
231 posts
66 upvotes
Hamilton
Both good ideas... Swiss Chalet is a dot come, as is almost every business these days... but I'm thinking more along the lines of a business that almost deals exclusively online.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
11025 posts
1409 upvotes
Brampton
If anyone is looking for some modern outdoor patio furniture, I have organized a "group buy" :)
modern-outdoor-resin-wicker-sectional-p ... t-1041804/

[IMG]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5469/1 ... al6.th.jpg[/IMG]
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
__________________________________________________
If I helped in any way, please click the UpVote button or UpVote my Thread(s) :)
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9756 posts
1252 upvotes
GTA
Looking for a Group deal for laser tag.

For the person who wants AMC tickets you can probably get them through one of the group buys on this site. I think someone was planning to get one running again soon. Search for AMC on here.
Member
User avatar
Sep 1, 2010
231 posts
66 upvotes
Hamilton
YLSF wrote: Looking for a Group deal for laser tag.

For the person who wants AMC tickets you can probably get them through one of the group buys on this site. I think someone was planning to get one running again soon. Search for AMC on here.

How far would you travel for a GOOD laser tag deal?
WTF REF
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4072 posts
529 upvotes
T.O.
Skydiving - was a deal last year i missed out on
GMC or Popeys suppliments - again missed on a deal
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Newbie
User avatar
May 29, 2011
20 posts
TORONTO
Hi Guys,

I work on the Deal of the Day program with RedFlagDeals.

A lot of you have been posting your favourite deals.

What I would like to know is, what kind of deals do you think are missing, or that you would like to see more of?
Are there specific businesses that you would like to try, but would like to be introduced to them via a Deal of the Day voucher?
Are there any websites that have a shopping cart function that you would like a deal for?

You may respond in this thread, as it's an open discussion, but also feel free to contact me via private message.

Thanks and happy Deal hunting!
Banned
User avatar
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
More from The Butchers!!

Seriously, these high margin places could be approached I think;
-Smoothie/Booster Juice type places for the summer.
-Small pizza places. High margins and they seem to be missing from group buy sites and I like trying new pies.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5520 posts
1830 upvotes
Toronto
as long as it involves a Sea-Doo
Newbie
User avatar
May 29, 2011
20 posts
TORONTO
fightbriz wrote: as long as it involves a Sea-Doo

That could be fun, and interesting!
Good suggestion. Do you know of any places off the top, of businesses that offer rentals at popular destinations?

@Cas77 - Good ideas as well. Who doesn't love a nice refreshing smoothie, or a delicious pizza? In your area, do you have any pizza place suggestions?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 15, 2007
3215 posts
256 upvotes
Maybe sky diving one like wag-jag had a few months back, it sold out really fast and lots of people still wanted to get in on the deal. :(
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5520 posts
1830 upvotes
Toronto
DealoftheDayRFD wrote: That could be fun, and interesting!
Good suggestion. Do you know of any places off the top, of businesses that offer rentals at popular destinations?

@Cas77 - Good ideas as well. Who doesn't love a nice refreshing smoothie, or a delicious pizza? In your area, do you have any pizza place suggestions?

I know Northern Lakes Marine http://northernlakesmarine.com did a bunch of deals with other sites... $99 for 2.5hrs of seadooing... maybe there's other places?

Top