[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6891 posts
1571 upvotes
T dot 6

What did you buy boxing week?

What did you buy boxing week?

If you didn't buy anything (which is probably the majority) you don't need to post. I just want to see what deals people thought were worth buying and if I missed a good deal. I will go first.

128g Lexar USB Drive $25 @ Bestbuy
Blue Jays Zip Up Hoodie $29 @ Lids
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum $100 @ Amazon.ca
Batman Bundle (arkham origins/akham city/arkham asylum/etc) $9 @ Bundlestars (redeemable on Steam)
Grim Fandango Remastered $3.39 @ Steam
Single Monitor Mount $20 @ Amazon.ca
6g $60 Fido plan
Last edited by Jaytee on Dec 26th, 2016 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
98 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1667 posts
581 upvotes
Montreal, QC
the bay:
a daniel wellington watch. 15% off and 12.5% through ebates, hard to say no

amazon:
hario mill slim burr grinder
smart weigh pocket scale 2kg 0.1g accuracy (for work as i already have the hario scale at home)
samsung 128GB EVO+

koodo:
LG G5 (have to add that too)

bookstore (Raffin here in Montreal):
Montrealissimo. was 20% off and no provincial tax

Artgang Montreal (clothing store):
RVLT thinsulate jacket for when weather is around -15C and doesn't feel like wearing my roots parka, 40% off
a wool sweater, 50% off

old navy:
pair of jeans
pair of pants
a shirt
a fleece jacket

will see if i'm going to keep any of my old navy buy

i'm happy with my purchases. now, if i can find a good pair of winter boots to go along with my 2 other pairs and maybe some shirts for work but i have all week for that so
Last edited by sumtimw0ng on Dec 26th, 2016 11:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
I walked into my local best buy and purchased a 32 inch Sharp TV to use as a computer monitor..not that big on gaming. Although, I love watching movies, YouTube, editing video, browsing the internet and what not. This should be a good purchase - it will take some time to get used to the big arse screen, though. Getting used to it..HDMI via my PC.

Also, some really cool fitted hats and that's it.

No need to buy any video games, Blu-Rays, etc..deals were cold as fuu.
Apr 2, 2015
199 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the classic timberland boots for $140 all in. Wanted some Chippewa Apache's but not many stores stock them and on Amazon the price keeps rising.
Feb 23, 2014
864 posts
360 upvotes
Command messenger by Timbuk2 from shoeme for $107
sonicare platinum from amazon for $99
Amazon Tripod for $18
Nordicware baking sheet from amazon for 17
Canon 50mm 1.8 lens from amazon for 130
Darn Tough socks from amazon for 22 (no discount sorry)
-Will be getting ebates on all of the above, yay!

Was going to get Iron Rangers from Shoeme for 180 ish but they didn't have my size. I might check out a local redwing dealer today though...

Was teetering on getting Adobe Lightroom subscription. Found an affiliate link of $8US a month but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Cheapest Lightroom 6 is $199. Still looking...

Was able to save some $ by cleaning the gunk out of my Shure SE530s... I had forgotten that stuff gets in there and they give you a tool for it. yay!
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
paul29m wrote: Command messenger by Timbuk2 from shoeme for $107
Amazon Tripod for $18

Was going to get Iron Rangers from Shoeme for 180 ish but they didn't have my size. I might check out a local redwing dealer today though...

Was teetering on getting Adobe Lightroom subscription. Found an affiliate link of $8US a month but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Cheapest Lightroom 6 is $199. Still looking...

Was able to save some $ by cleaning the gunk out of my Shure SE530s... I had forgotten that stuff gets in there and they give you a tool for it. yay!
I never heard of ebates until I came back to these forums, once again..I need to find out what those are and how/why you guys use them!

That's a pretty decent haul, dude! I used to pick up movies and games..now, I only have time for a select few video games and movies..well, you can get them from the web ;)
Feb 23, 2014
864 posts
360 upvotes
dahurricaneg wrote: I never heard of ebates until I came back to these forums, once again..I need to find out what those are and how/why you guys use them!

That's a pretty decent haul, dude! I used to pick up movies and games..now, I only have time for a select few video games and movies..well, you can get them from the web ;)
ebates.ca
find your store
click on affiliate link
make your purchase
money comes to you next quarter in whatever format you choose.

6% back from amazon, 9% back from shoeme.

for doing next to nothing, it's worthwhile.
Feb 23, 2014
864 posts
360 upvotes
Command messenger by Timbuk2 from shoeme for $107
Amazon Tripod for $18

Looks like we both got a new toothbrush! Hope we like it! have you tried one before?
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
paul29m wrote: ebates.ca
find your store
click on affiliate link
make your purchase
money comes to you next quarter in whatever format you choose.

6% back from amazon, 9% back from shoeme.

for doing next to nothing, it's worthwhile.
Thanks!
Mar 30, 2009
994 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased Mafia 3 and Bioshock collection for the Ps4 $29.96 each which I thought was a great deal from Walmart and the Xbox One S Halo / Gears bundle from Amazon. Not big on the Xbox but for $329.99, figured it's worth a try.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2035 posts
512 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked up:

Dead Rising 4 (XB1)
Mafia 3 (PS4)
NBA 2k17 (PS4)
Quantum Break (XB1)
Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)

Avengers Age of Ultron 3D
Central Intelligence 4K
Creed 4K
Jason Bourne 4K
San Andreas 3D
Sausage Party 4K
Suicide Squad 4K
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6891 posts
1571 upvotes
T dot 6
paul29m wrote: Looks like we both got a new toothbrush! Hope we like it! have you tried one before?
I had a electric toothbrush before but over time the replacement heads became expensive to buy because they stopped making that model and it wasn't popular. I switched back to manual toothbrushes but the electric definitely did a better job cleaning. The Sonicare that we bought got really good reviews so I'm looking forward to the upgrade.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Dec 8, 2009
271 posts
193 upvotes
I bought 2 copies of ESET Internet Security 2017 from Staples. Only store that had it on sale this year.
Aug 28, 2007
227 posts
25 upvotes
Edmonton
Cheers, saved money myself too.!
jackrabbit000 wrote: Spent $0.00. Never even went out. No reason to buy stuff just because it's on sale or in the flyer and have it sitting around.