Investing

Locked: What did you buy? What might you buy??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2022 11:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8946 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
Bought LSPD.TO and happy with the results. Should have sold when they hit $45 2 months ago but I got greedy. So I ended up buying more when they hit $13 the other day. Once the retailers start opening up again in 6-8 weeks (wishful thinking) I think good things will happen. Just gotta keep sitting and waiting.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
3051 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
Sanyo wrote: They eventually will open again lol... people just bought it discounted ;) though I’m not a trader but keg down 50% in one month is extreme and not warranted even if they close for one month...
imho, when lockdown will be over, all traditional Canadian restaurants will be packed .... ppl are tired at sitting home.... but Mandarin and similar will be screwed for a long time :)
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
gibor365365 wrote: imho, when lockdown will be over, all traditional Canadian restaurants will be packed .... ppl are tired at sitting home.... but Mandarin and similar will be screwed for a long time :)
really dont think that'll be the case.

restaurants will SLOWLY regain traction. I really think public fear will still exist for the near future.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4869 posts
2743 upvotes
Quebec
id say as soon media stop scaring people with "infected" person like that person is already dead...then things will start to come back to normal life.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
3051 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
HyperTech wrote: id say as soon media stop scaring people with "infected" person like that person is already dead...then things will start to come back to normal life.
No doubt! Media and WHO are playing big role in this hysteria...
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
If you had to choose between TD, BAM.A, SU, VET or AC, what would u guys choose?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1615 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
gibor365365 wrote: No doubt! Media and WHO are playing big role in this hysteria...
Agree...don't remember SARS or H1N1 remotely close to this hysteria. Somebody profiting off this - e.g. Never waste a good crisis.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
pentexplorer wrote: If you had to choose between TD, BAM.A, SU, VET or AC, what would u guys choose?
why not diversify and buy all
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
pentexplorer wrote: If you had to choose between TD, BAM.A, SU, VET or AC, what would u guys choose?
If you want a diversified and stable choice, go with BAM. They're in basically every sector, and has top notch management team. It's basically the Berkshire of Canada.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
3051 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
STP123 wrote: Agree...don't remember SARS or H1N1 remotely close to this hysteria. Somebody profiting off this - e.g. Never waste a good crisis.
btw, the priestess Greta Thunberg is adding to hysteria, as per NY Times and Yahoo "
Teenage activist Greta Thunberg said it’s “extremely likely” she had contracted the coronavirus.
and she has a lot of underlying deceases :)
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1397 upvotes
STP123 wrote: Agree...don't remember SARS or H1N1 remotely close to this hysteria. Somebody profiting off this - e.g. Never waste a good crisis.
I guess you guys are in the camp that the stock market will get back to levels in februrary.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Look at the vxx action guys

Market up huge but not making much of a move... this is a positive for a market that is trying to form a bottom.

As we made lower lows and vxx was kinda meh, it also applies as markets rally.

I really like this action. Not to say we won’t get down days we will for sure but if that vxx stays calm that means fear is going away slowly but surely and trying to find a bottom here... Monday could be that bottom based on vxx...

Beautiful
Last edited by Sanyo on Mar 25th, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
Jon Lai wrote: If you want a diversified and stable choice, go with BAM. They're in basically every sector, and has top notch management team. It's basically the Berkshire of Canada.
True, that letter from the CEO was good affirmation. It seems a better choice than the banks I'm thinking. What's up with vet and it's 30% div yield.. Thats not gonna sustain isn't it
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1615 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
dantey wrote: I guess you guys are in the camp that the stock market will get back to levels in februrary.
Yes, eventually and possibly much faster than previous bear markets. The speed at which these ups and downs happen is crazy and makes market timing virtually impossible.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
3051 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
dantey wrote: I guess you guys are in the camp that the stock market will get back to levels in februrary.
Sooner or later we gonna have All Time high
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
STP123 wrote: Yes, eventually and possibly much faster than previous bear markets. The speed at which these ups and downs happen is crazy and makes market timing virtually impossible.
It’s all leverage... these big quant and hedge funds are leveraging far more than ever before
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
3051 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
STP123 wrote: Yes, eventually and possibly much faster than previous bear markets. The speed at which these ups and downs happen is crazy and makes market timing virtually impossible.
This bear market is "artificial", cannot compare to 2008-09 financial crisis
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
3051 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought more MMM
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
gibor365365 wrote: Bought more MMM
v good choice, MO ABBV SBUX looks good choices too.
Dec 19, 2012
68 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
The DOW erased 800 points in the last 30 minutes of closing and Nasdaq turned negative as smart money took profit and hiding for tomorrow blood bath when the jobless claim numbers comes out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)