None
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
2856 posts
816 upvotes
GTA
Actuary20 wrote: You guys see what SPY did late today after the Pfizer news:
https://www.thestar.com/business/2020/1 ... acles.html

Just PREPARE yourselves for a strong pullback.....in case. I took profits on most of my swing plays today. I'm sitting on about 90% cash now. It may not be a large pullback but I'm thinking something like what we saw in September? I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of red tomorrow.
CNBC just confirmed that this was old news that Pfizer already announced so nothing has changed. Buy buy buy

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/03/pfizer- ... arget.html
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5561 posts
2653 upvotes
Vancouver
vbomb wrote: I just sold my TD.TO stocks and have no idea where the next growth is.
I looked at SHOP.TO and LSPD.TO but just too nervous with how expensive it is already and how fast it is already going up
So now not sure where to invest next on TSX
Any sectors hot right now?
One of my growth names on TSX is NVEI. Outside of TSX, a growth stock I've sunk a fair change in earlier this year was MELI - I believe it has a long runway for growth.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
1826 posts
2065 upvotes
areyoukiddingme2k13 wrote: Riocan gonna be dead tomorrow
The interesting part is at what price is it a buy if/when it drops tomorrow. Growth is likely low but a 1/3 cut gives them a 5.4% yield that would look to be pretty safe. They own a lot of good Toronto and GTA real estate so you could also look at this from a discount to NAV perspective.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4750 posts
4122 upvotes
MashGhasem wrote: Well ****. Hopefully it won't crater on Monday.
What day is it right now where you are? Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1678 posts
1703 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Actuary20 wrote: You guys see what SPY did late today after the Pfizer news:
https://www.thestar.com/business/2020/1 ... acles.html

Just PREPARE yourselves for a strong pullback.....in case. I took profits on most of my swing plays today. I'm sitting on about 90% cash now. It may not be a large pullback but I'm thinking something like what we saw in September? I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of red tomorrow.
I'm feeling something similar. Seeing individual stocks and sectors at ath's, that even with a forward looking market, are unrealistic to me.

Travel, leisure, retail, reits practically shuttered for the foreseeable future. At least next two q's if not more will be disastrous. But stocks and the indexes keep reaching all time highs. Never seen such a disconnect between the market and the economy.

Covid getting worse not better. Supply and distribution issues with the vaccines. Protests regarding forced vaccinations. I feel that we will see troubled times ahead.

I don't know. As much as I would like to make these plays and see my portfolio +40% in a month, I can't justify the price of entry right now or last month or so when the vaccine euphoria began.

Even swing trading is a risk to me. These sudden surges are followed by drastic drops such as CGX today.

Then there is US China issues, and I don't want to touch any hot EV stock or any Chinese stock for that matter.

Every little bit of good news and 15% surge. Every little bit of bad news and 20% drop. There was a time that certain stocks were safe plays with reduced volitility. Those same stocks are moving like ev stocks now lol.

I know that we can't time the market, but this is really a crap time to be trying to invest.
Dec 2, 2017
465 posts
445 upvotes
areyoukiddingme2k13 wrote: Riocan gonna be dead tomorrow
GOOD! I own almost all Retail REITs but REI, hope to get some flow into my holdings tomorrow.
It was somewhat priced in already, though.
As one of the weakest Retail REIT, Rio desperately needed that extra cash for their ambitious plans.
I was not planning to touch REI and would not recommend to anyone.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1678 posts
1703 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nikels21 wrote: now i just need to decide at what price do I want to buy in
Well it was just $14.xx in October/November.
Nov 6, 2007
728 posts
243 upvotes
Chance7652 wrote: The interesting part is at what price is it a buy if/when it drops tomorrow. Growth is likely low but a 1/3 cut gives them a 5.4% yield that would look to be pretty safe. They own a lot of good Toronto and GTA real estate so you could also look at this from a discount to NAV perspective.
1.63% gain today too at close (obviously before announcement of outlook and cut).

Yield would still attractive just not ~8% anymore.

Would be a good long term hold at the right price. Collect the 5-6% distribution and ride out the recovery.

Just don't expect much growth in the short term. May stagnate and a few bumps along the way.
Jan 6, 2015
847 posts
238 upvotes
go back before vaccine news? under 14?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
1826 posts
2065 upvotes
ohnabatko wrote: the only thing to wonder: what took them so long?
... Riocan should have done in Sep. I guess now the H&R will do the same.
Didn't hr.un already cut by 50%?

I'll be interested in how sru.un trades tomorrow but while I sold sru I don't think they'll cut the distribution.
Nov 6, 2007
728 posts
243 upvotes
ohnabatko wrote: the only thing to wonder: what took them so long?
... Riocan should have done in Sep. I guess now the H&R will do the same.
My thoughts as well. EPS was / is at ~6 cents. FFO payout was too high.

The risk was always there the dist was going to be cut. Think this may have already been priced in though ….
Dec 2, 2017
465 posts
445 upvotes
Chance7652 wrote: Didn't hr.un already cut by 50%?

I'll be interested in how sru.un trades tomorrow but while I sold sru I don't think they'll cut the distribution.
Even though Canadian Retail REITs most likely will follow REI tomorrow(not as much though), SRU's distribution is in a much better place. I don't see them to cut any time soon.
Oct 5, 2009
83 posts
20 upvotes
Seems like enb.to is safe buy, er?
Hilarious. Hilarious Grinning FaceGrinning FaceGrinning Face
Chance7652 wrote: Didn't hr.un already cut by 50%?

Nov 24, 2016
440 posts
506 upvotes
MrMom wrote: What day is it right now where you are? Grinning Face
:facepalm:
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

I read your post and it took me a solid 30 seconds to realize. I've been typing away in front of my PC for 2 straight days. Haven't showered or slept properly. Deadline tomorrow lol

In that case, here's hoping that tomorrow is a green day. Need all the help lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5841 posts
1312 upvotes
Winnipeg
25% cash here. LOTS in oil and long holding REIT's. Looks like my profits from oil is going into REI tomorrow lmao.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land