• Feb 26th, 2021 7:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5484 posts
2148 upvotes
Winnipeg
BigStick wrote: selling partial MMED, buying AQN and POAI.

edit: the upvotes have spoken ;)
Do you buy the AQN prA stocks?
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5484 posts
2148 upvotes
Winnipeg
blexann wrote: you mean this buzz

9 ARKG 01/21/2021 Buy TAK 874060205 TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO LTD 446,900 0.0695
10 ARKG 01/21/2021 Buy TAK 874060205 TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO LTD 468,427 0.0726
Yes
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3533 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Arkaine wrote: That is exactly what I am battling with right now. Have $5k in ATD.B but it isn’t doing a thing, where so many other stocks are booming.
lot of directors were inside buying ATD.B on 20 and 21 Jan

i wouldnt worry too much
Apr 17, 2014
952 posts
367 upvotes
Corunna, ON
craftsman wrote:
That's not actually well diversified... All of those funds are market cap weighted which means that you are overweighted in large/mega cap stocks with very little in mid-/small cap stocks. Typically that won't be too bad but in the current situation, that also means that you have a high weighting in technology as technology stocks make up over 30% of the US market.

Ideally, to be well-diversified, you should have more exposure to small and mid-cap stocks.
No that's not what market capped means. It means no one company will make up more than a certain % of the fund (ie Nortel in the 90s made up 30% of the Canadian market)

XIC tracks the total Canadian market covering 95 %.

VTI covers over 3500 companies.

I made a point of not buying just big companies in choosing these.

Let me be clear in saying I'm not well diversified, you couldn't be more wrong.
Last edited by proplayer44 on Jan 22nd, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 29, 2012
50 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought some LSPD on the dip. Hope it swings back up for an easy profit.
Nov 24, 2016
458 posts
537 upvotes
Out of all the wsb pumps ever... The BB pump is the first one I'm super tempted to get into. But haven't found my balls yet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
6530 posts
2897 upvotes
Winnipeg
MashGhasem wrote: Out of all the wsb pumps ever... The BB pump is the first one I'm super tempted to get into. But haven't found my balls yet.
I sold my position at 16.18 yesterday. I'm looking to reenter with 1/2 position at 15.25
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
May 25, 2009
336 posts
148 upvotes
wayneg9999 wrote: No, but actuary20 did lol.
you guys do remember one of the cardinal rules? Buy on the rumour sell on the news ? Maybe hold a little bit lol
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
2999 posts
904 upvotes
GTA
craftsman wrote: The problem with the ETF is that it's really just 3 stocks - CNQ, SU, and CVE - which make up 60+% of the ETF. All three are large-cap plays which are fine if that's what you are looking for but the level of upside may be more capped than if you moved down to the mid-caps. Also, each of the three I listed pays 5.46%, 3.58%, and 2.93% dividends so you are much better off buying these 3 stocks separately and collect a higher total dividend and you won't have to worry about 0.61% MER.
I have noticed this issue with ETFs that don’t have caps on the amount a position can represent and that focus on giving higher positions to the largest companies.

XIT.TO for instance has 80% of its holdings in just 4 big stocks (SHOP, Constellation, CGI and OTEX) 3 of which missed the tech rally, LSPD and BB had to make big moves for them to be noticed in the ETF.

I believe that’s part of why Buffett used to say ETFs makes no sense to investors who “know something”.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23924 posts
5573 upvotes
where I belong
sleepyguy wrote: GME up, LOL!

WSB wins again, haha!
WSB 1, Citron 0 (well it did drop it to $36 to stop me out, FML), GME now $49's

I have little JMIA only

but nowadays, +10-20% a day without news seems quite normal LOL
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Nov 24, 2016
458 posts
537 upvotes
So I made a post yesterday and said I sold half of my enb and used it to buy hcln. Today hcln is the only thing green in my TFSA. Lmao

I'm so tempted to just sell all my boomer stocks and just go ballz deep into hcln.

I give up.
Penalty Box
Mar 28, 2017
508 posts
339 upvotes
MashGhasem wrote: So I made a post yesterday and said I sold half of my enb and used it to buy hcln. Today hcln is the only thing green in my TFSA. Lmao

I'm so tempted to just sell all my boomer stocks and just go ballz deep into hcln.

I give up.
Boomer stock sucks price is already priced in. You need long term growth.
Mar 24, 2020
29 posts
22 upvotes
This is the first time I have participated in some WSB shenanigans - bought some GME. Just enough I won't be sad if it tanks but will make decent money if it sky rockets.
Dec 2, 2017
523 posts
532 upvotes
MashGhasem wrote: So I made a post yesterday and said I sold half of my enb and used it to buy hcln. Today hcln is the only thing green in my TFSA. Lmao

I give up.
I'd not change the strategy based on one day performance. But oh well, what do I know.
Speaking of "boomer" poor choices. My boomer picks are 43% green so far midday.
Nov 24, 2016
458 posts
537 upvotes
EuRaFree wrote: I'd not change the strategy based on one day performance. But oh well, what do I know.
Speaking of "boomer" poor choices. My boomer picks are 43% green so far midday.
it's not a boomer stock if it's up 43 percent in half a day.

Thread Information

There are currently 15 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 7 guests)

Chance7652, discostar, MarinersFanatik, lentilbeans, bombar, signup, michaelr16, freilona