77 posts
15 upvotes
Can somebody help with formula for YIELD in googlesheets. Thanks
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15903 posts
8781 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
applexs wrote: How much amount of stock for one trade is ideal.?
I'm cheap. I like to keep the amount of stock traded on one deal fairly high (ie for me, that in the 5 digits). In addition to saving on commission charges, due to the dollar value of the trade, it forces me to think and research on whether I really want to put 5 figures into a company right then, keep an eye on it, or move on. Sure, thinking and research take time and sometimes I do miss the run up in particular stock as I might overthink the situation (that's one of my character traits according to various studies that I've done) but often it allows me to rationalize what I'm doing and proceed from there. The larger trades help me on the selling side as well as flushing larger amounts through my account makes me think if I want to sell it then or wait - the thought process is different when you make a $500 per trade or $5,000/$10,000 per trade. I'm also lazy. The larger the trade size in my portfolio means the fewer stocks I need to keep track of.

In your case, I would do something similar - try to keep your commissions down as every dollar you pay out means one less dollar you can put to work for your future - and slowly build up a well diversified portfolio rather than trying to get there quickly with a few positions here and a few positions there.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
6532 posts
2899 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lol my prediction of $100 for GME is going to be Right
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Jun 2, 2017
606 posts
277 upvotes
faken wrote: Lol my prediction of $100 for GME is going to be Right
That's awesome. There will be alot of bag holders on this one.

BB is also taking off pre-market.
Aug 12, 2017
667 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
faken wrote: Lol my prediction of $100 for GME is going to be Right
BB is up over 30% before market opens. I am glad I bought some last Friday but this is crazy.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1448 posts
1248 upvotes
I want my GME Jan29 calls back please. I'll need assistance, I've lost the keys to my time machine LOL
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
3002 posts
904 upvotes
GTA
discostar wrote: BB is up over 30% before market opens. I am glad I bought some last Friday but this is crazy.
AMC as well as Bed Bath and Beyond up insane amounts in premarket as well. This seems to be from Reddit, all of a sudden they can move the markets.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5259 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
After doing all that research. Can't believe I trimmed BB, holding only 1000 shares seems so barren.

Missed out on a 100k, had sent this price target to friends too, but wanted to get a win and lock in profits. Tsk tsk.
Aug 12, 2017
667 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
Gotoff wrote: After doing all that research. Can't believe I trimmed BB, holding only 1000 shares seems so barren.

Missed out on a 100k, had sent this price target to friends too, but wanted to get a win and lock in profits. Tsk tsk.
Are you keeping BB or will you be dumping it today.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5259 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
discostar wrote: Are you keeping BB or will you be dumping it today.
I think I'll take profits. My original pt was $30 and then $60 but that was a 5 yr horizon lol.

Insane we're at $20 with no revenue growth yet. I've mentioned BB alot this year, I held it through the highs and lows, I guess I'm just disappointed I got off the train too early.

Don't be surprised if retail fomo takes this to $30 this week
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4687 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Glad people get getting profits, but this is wack.

BB, GME, now AMC...

I guess take the elevator ride up, but don't forget to get off before the brakes fall off?
Penalty Box
Mar 28, 2017
508 posts
339 upvotes
Gotoff wrote: I think I'll take profits. My original pt was $30 and then $60 but that was a 5 yr horizon lol.

Insane we're at $20 with no revenue growth yet. I've mentioned BB alot this year, I held it through the highs and lows, I guess I'm just disappointed I got off the train too early.

Don't be surprised if retail fomo takes this to $30 this week
50 this week
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6205 posts
1858 upvotes
StevePos wrote: I'm looking into two speculative positions that are both ramping up production this quarter but have very low revenue this far.

Nevada Copper (NCU) - my friend recommended.

And Cielo Waste (CMC) - saw a good post on reddit on Friday.

I'm pretty sold on the copper mine but did no research yet on Cielo. Anyone is holding either of these?
Whats the deal with ncu?

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 5 guests)

jenneth, badmus, Ecsta, Sanyo, Badman, lpin14, freilona