• Jan 24th, 2021 1:09 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
5856 posts
1324 upvotes
Winnipeg
shadowsteve wrote: Thanks. I threw together a quick sheet to see where all my stuff was. I just lumped all the ToS positions into Tech as they change too quick to keep up and are mostly Tech anyway.

Here's my Chart. I'm about 60/40 Cdn/US in those percentages. I have some cash that needs to get to work

Screenshot 2021-01-23 133703.png
man.. Not gonna lie.. I thought you'd be more into US than that. TSX is boring to trade..
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1349 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
what the hell with BB .. sold in the $10s range couple months back after the initial pop with the amazon partnership and this is just insanity with wsb pumping it.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6527 posts
2183 upvotes
What is the next WSB stock? So we can get in and out while they pump. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15410 posts
8296 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
vivibaby wrote: What is the next WSB stock? So we can get in and out while they pump. :twisted:
Any company that is hated (ie expected to go to zero) and heavily shorted is a good candidate so get a list of the most heavily shorted companies in the US and you'll have a list of possible candidates. The key is getting a lot of people to agree and moving in the same direction.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1502 posts
510 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
vivibaby wrote: What is the next WSB stock? So we can get in and out while they pump. :twisted:
seems like AMC or Bed Bath Beyond have shots
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5144 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
pentexplorer wrote: what the hell with BB .. sold in the $10s range couple months back after the initial pop with the amazon partnership and this is just insanity with wsb pumping it.
trust me, long term it would've gotten here regardless with or without WSB's help. It was so clear, im so dumb for getting rid of my options and staying safe with shares.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1502 posts
510 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
johnnyepy666 wrote: Nope we on BB and PLTR
been on those for a while now...i thought they were asking for the 'next'
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1197 posts
1010 upvotes
faken wrote: man.. Not gonna lie.. I thought you'd be more into US than that. TSX is boring to trade..
In volume of trades and active position count I do more in the US. The cash position is about 75% C$ because I converted almost 1/2 my US$ to C$ when the exchange was >1.40 and if/when it gets down near to 1.20 I'll buy it all back.

The majority of my gains likely come from the US$ positions as that's where I trade options. Trading options in Canada is a waste of time (eg: I own BB shares in C$ but the option positions are U$).

It's all about the returns and trading where you can make the money. Us retired people have to protect the nest egg you know. :)
Nov 28, 2007
56 posts
1 upvote
craftsman wrote: Any company that is hated (ie expected to go to zero) and heavily shorted is a good candidate so get a list of the most heavily shorted companies in the US and you'll have a list of possible candidates. The key is getting a lot of people to agree and moving in the same direction.
Makes me think of that Finding Nemo scene where the net of fish pulls the fishing boat over as soon as the masses pick a direction. Hahah
Dec 5, 2009
307 posts
198 upvotes
Gotoff wrote: trust me, long term it would've gotten here regardless with or without WSB's help. It was so clear, im so dumb for getting rid of my options and staying safe with shares.
I agree. BB is still seen as a failed phone company but they have completely transitioned away from phones towards EV/automobiles (meh) and Cyber Security (their true golden goose). BB was eventually going to get here regardless of WSB, but WSB has helped put the spotlight on it (although it is still questionable as to how much of an actual impact WSB actually has).

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 7 guests)

Kayvan83