• Dec 5th, 2020 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5278 posts
2446 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow AMD up 8% AH on modest beat, I was expecting a drop on earnings and pick some up tomorrow but I guess not!
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1006 upvotes
Saskatoon
vivibaby wrote: Tech stocks dropped bigly before closing. Anyone know why?
Speculators are concerned that delivery of the next trillion dollars might be slightly delayed.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14921 posts
7862 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
notenoughsleep wrote: Wow AMD up 8% AH on modest beat, I was expecting a drop on earnings and pick some up tomorrow but I guess not!
If it was just the modest beat, AMD wouldn't have pop'd.... They upped their guidance! They must be taking share.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5278 posts
2446 upvotes
Vancouver
craftsman wrote: If it was just the modest beat, AMD wouldn't have pop'd.... They upped their guidance! They must be taking share.
Ah, I didn't read the guidance part, just saw the numbers
Feb 14, 2010
493 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Is this time really different? Can AMD finally overtake Intel in market cap.? I still remember those AMD bankruptcy stories and the disappointing conference calls. It was all about GlobalFoundries back then.
Last edited by thelastword on Jul 28th, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 21, 2016
792 posts
526 upvotes
craftsman wrote: If it was just the modest beat, AMD wouldn't have pop'd.... They upped their guidance! They must be taking share.
AMD Up 10 percent now your inclination was wrong last night
Oct 21, 2016
792 posts
526 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Wow AMD up 8% AH on modest beat, I was expecting a drop on earnings and pick some up tomorrow but I guess not!
Me too held back thinking there would be a drop kicking myself now
Jan 6, 2015
828 posts
223 upvotes
AMD keep the popping with 2 cents beat :rolleyes:
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14921 posts
7862 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Shaun80 wrote: AMD Up 10 percent now your inclination was wrong last night
If you read what I said....
After AMD went up so much in the past few days, they would have to absolutely shoot the lights out and then some to be able to move the stock some more. On the other hand, if they don't shoot the lights out and maybe have a hair or two on the quarter, it might turn into a good buying opportunity.
They basically did what I said in the boldface as they upped their guidance for the year!

And BTW> I did say after the previous earnings report when AMD dropped to $53.50 that it was a great buying opportunity then....
Nov 22, 2015
25 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
vivibaby wrote: Tech stocks dropped bigly before closing. Anyone know why?
Trumpf using the handouts as a bargaining chip for the upcoming election. Delays might be expected till weeks before the election.
Nov 22, 2015
25 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Shaun80 wrote: AMD Up 10 percent now your inclination was wrong last night
The analysts on CNBC were all suggesting to sell half or all of AMD position. It has grown too fast and the multiples of the stocks don't make sense when compared to the balance sheet. I think it is time to buy INTC.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1809 posts
711 upvotes
Mississauga
aerodynamic wrote: The analysts on CNBC were all suggesting to sell half or all of AMD position. It has grown too fast and the multiples of the stocks don't make sense when compared to the balance sheet. I think it is time to buy INTC.
The market has long lost touch to fundamentals, just look at TSLA, WEED, SHOP. Intel is down but whose to say it's bottomed?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5278 posts
2446 upvotes
Vancouver
jdu0ng wrote: The market has long lost touch to fundamentals, just look at TSLA, WEED, SHOP. Intel is down but whose to say it's bottomed?
I agree in this market, fundamentals are out the window. Which actually makes investing in this market even scarier.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6264 posts
2097 upvotes
jdu0ng wrote: The market has long lost touch to fundamentals, just look at TSLA, WEED, SHOP. Intel is down but whose to say it's bottomed?
It's almost at march levels.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14921 posts
7862 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
notenoughsleep wrote: I agree in this market, fundamentals are out the window. Which actually makes investing in this market even scarier.
The only thing that is pushing people to invest today is FOMO for when the vaccine or a break through is announced. In many of my positions, I actually ahead of where I was before the crash and in my complete portfolio, I'm not that far off of this year's highs. I'm planning on removing my cost from a few of my positions and then sit on that cash for the next little while to see what plays out.

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 4 guests)

leftygrove, brockster, 1xTiMeR, purpleduck, thetank85