Investing

What did you buy? What might you buy??

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 2:48 am
Tags:
None
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2020
126 posts
111 upvotes
got into suncor for long term, the price looks too good
Sr. Member
Jan 25, 2015
584 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xcel wrote: DND ($22.43) and AND ($42.69) buy now or wait? Any comments? Both are increasing for the last few days...
Why didnt you buy when it dropped below $21??

I own it at $21.2 average and expect this stock to grow like crazy because of the business model. Will it go down a bit more maybe, but long term it will leave you in the dust. It depends if you wanna miss the boat or not lol.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 11, 2001
8856 posts
1018 upvotes
I'm keeping an eye on SU as well.

Got a few more shares of BNS. PSI is falling... if it goes sub $6 next week I'll avg down... don't have much to begin with.
badmus wrote: I am holding 500 shares of SU most acquired in March @ $22.xx the dividend cut was a bit of a surprise.

A lot of similar stocks in other sectors are at their pre-Covid price or higher which would be $45 or so for Suncor. US energy has done better at the moment.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Jr. Member
Jan 30, 2020
112 posts
117 upvotes
llpresident wrote: You might enjoy Lyn Alden's free newsletter. Her portfolio is not nearly all commodities, but she has 9% of her portfolio attributed to commodity "producers" and another 7% in the gold commodity, 4% in the silver commodity. Of the 9% in commodity producers, there are quite a few positions. It appears she added Royal Dutch Shell, Freeport-McMoran and VanEck Vectors Coal ETF since her last newlsetter. Existing positions include a number of gold and silver miners plus Southern Copper Corp, Rio Tinto, CNQ, NTR, and TotalSA.

I've been continuing to watch NTR with interest. I would like to learn more about the base miners as well.
Thanks for that! I like her newsletter and have been following her twitter now.
Sr. Member
Feb 15, 2013
780 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
reps001 wrote: 504 for last 20 mins. TD is bad as CIBC :rolleyes:
maybe even worst.. TOS failed recently impacting many and now this..
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
3947 posts
3647 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Wiretin wrote: Thanks for that! I like her newsletter and have been following her twitter now.
I find her annoying to be honest, just tweets about the demise of the USD and how we should be buying real assets and bitcoin.
Keep calm and go long
Jr. Member
Jan 30, 2020
112 posts
117 upvotes
treva84 wrote: I find her annoying to be honest, just tweets about the demise of the USD and how we should be buying real assets and bitcoin.
Well everyone needs to consider that we may be on the verge of a paradigm shift from a deflationary macro environemnt to an inflationary or " stagflation" macro environment. I believe we are heading towards stagflation. I'm always keeping an open mind and am devouring resources on the topic. It is the most important question every investor needs to consider. If we get inflation then growth stocks will be killed and the pain will be unimaginable conserdering how many people are piling into money losing growth companies. Comodities will make people rich in stagflation.
Try to keep an open mind and consider every possibility.I recommend everyone listen to the end game series podcast with grant williams as a starting point to this topic. they entertain guests from both perspectives.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
3947 posts
3647 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Wiretin wrote: Try to keep an open mind and consider every possibility.I recommend everyone listen to the end game series podcast with grant williams as a starting point to this topic. they entertain guests from both perspectives.
I agree - it's important to be open minded and consider lots of different sources of information and opinion.

I don't know why exactly, but gold bugs , crypto pumpers and fiat haters tend to be the people that rub me the worst.
Keep calm and go long
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1215 posts
283 upvotes
Vancouver
sold half MO position, think I rather focus on long term secular growth stories that has potential to be 10-baggers, looking at FSLY / TDOC / SE / CRWD but patiently waiting for the price to trigger :(
Member
Apr 29, 2017
281 posts
93 upvotes
Pretty upset about TD being down. I had some apple 500 call options I couldn't attend to during the day, around 3pm I tried every 10 seconds for an hour trying to login in to sell them when apple is pushing past 498, 499 while they still had value. Lost about 2 or 3k by not being able to sell, depending on when I would of hit the trigger. That is a good amount of money to me, not life changing, but it will bug me for a few days.

They have called me before in the past when I had a large amount of options expiring then just sold them for me. I have also never had a case where the app was down and I couldn't access the web browser before. I can finally log in at exactly 4pm and they are worthless.

TD basically told me to $#@% myself. Have an appointment to cancel on Friday, they won't be getting my 2k in yearly overall banking fees for my business and investing.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7439 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
Mitts87 wrote: Pretty upset about TD being down. I had some apple 500 call options I couldn't attend to during the day, around 3pm I tried every 10 seconds for an hour trying to login in to sell them when apple is pushing past 498, 499 while they still had value. Lost about 2 or 3k by not being able to sell, depending on when I would of hit the trigger. That is a good amount of money to me, not life changing, but it will bug me for a few days.

They have called me before in the past when I had a large amount of options expiring then just sold them for me. I have also never had a case where the app was down and I couldn't access the web browser before. I can finally log in at exactly 4pm and they are worthless.

TD basically told me to $#@% myself. Have an appointment to cancel on Friday, they won't be getting my 2k in yearly overall banking fees for my business and investing.
You can't pickup the phone and call them?
Member
Apr 29, 2017
281 posts
93 upvotes
No, its always minimum 30-60 minutes wait, by the time I start trying to call in it was too late. It was especially backed up because they were down with 1 hour to market close on a Friday. I know its my fault for having short dated options and not having sell limits, but like I said I have never been locked out for more than a couple minutes, so these things weren't really considered when making the order.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
3947 posts
3647 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Wiretin wrote: Well everyone needs to consider that we may be on the verge of a paradigm shift from a deflationary macro environemnt to an inflationary or " stagflation" macro environment. I believe we are heading towards stagflation. I'm always keeping an open mind and am devouring resources on the topic. It is the most important question every investor needs to consider. If we get inflation then growth stocks will be killed and the pain will be unimaginable conserdering how many people are piling into money losing growth companies. Comodities will make people rich in stagflation.
Try to keep an open mind and consider every possibility.I recommend everyone listen to the end game series podcast with grant williams as a starting point to this topic. they entertain guests from both perspectives.
If you haven't already, you might find this podcast episode interesting. I listened to it today, fighting off the scoff, trying to keep an open mind -

https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/epi ... eff-booth/
Keep calm and go long

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

BigStick, GBUalways