Investing

Locked: What did you buy? What might you buy??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2022 11:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6385 upvotes
Vancouver
Added to PINS. Was reading an article that during the roaring 20s, ad spending went up.
Dec 2, 2017
753 posts
868 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Added to PINS. Was reading an article that during the roaring 20s, ad spending went up.
Same for IG, ads on every second picture.
How to make free apps - paid.
I sometimes browse IG just for some nonsense regular-people ads. Hilarious experience.

EDIT: Added to VET
Oct 22, 2017
223 posts
305 upvotes
Bought CNR and MFC today. Thinking about buying RY as the ex-div date is tomorrow lol.

Plan is to keep adding Canadian Divvy payers in the non-reg.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
I just bought xgro with all my remaining Canadian $$$. Just holding onto all my Canadian stocks for now. Concentration is more on crypto now. I will still buy and sell USD stocks tho.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2020
1300 posts
1424 upvotes
Van City
Sold some of my SPACs that were at NAV 0-2% loss - starting to feel like it was a failed experiment. Sold more DBC calls for 250% profit. Jumped in with everyone on CNR, also added a little to some of my current favourite small/microcaps (DME, RHC, NLC).

Edit: Looking at opening a small position in ETMC - I think it'll get good support both from the "critical supply chains" perspective and from the "O&G transition" perspective.
Last edited by PaddyM77101 on Apr 20th, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing is as important as we think it is while we are thinking about it
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
I still have one SPAC left but it's a "long term" hold...aka buyout.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
Netflix down badly this time after surging during the last earnings release. I can’t imagine buying it again.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6150 posts
10800 upvotes
Canada
The beginning of the tech reversal?

They beat on earnings with 24% growth yoy, missed on subscriber numbers.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
3137 posts
2298 upvotes
I haven't been buying anything lately. Kind of working through some strategy and account decisions, but there are some names I wouldn't mind adding to like ENGH, NFI and CNR. Nice to see a lot of CNR buyers in this thread lately. A great name to hold long-term.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Redsanta wrote: So is green sector dead for now?
That, SPACs, anything to do with electric cars, AI... basically, if you think Cathie was in it before, then the sector is dead.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Bought 100 shares of HMMJ
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
New video from this lumber guy again.

There is no shortage of Lumber per se...

Just a lot of traders overbidding...because of the influx of huge capital....

Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
jenneth wrote: New video from this lumber guy again.

There is no shortage of Lumber per se...

Just a lot of traders overbidding...because of the influx of huge capital....

Alot of lumber mills were also closed all over the world cause of the virus.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Capt. wrote: I haven't been buying anything lately. Kind of working through some strategy and account decisions, but there are some names I wouldn't mind adding to like ENGH, NFI and CNR. Nice to see a lot of CNR buyers in this thread lately. A great name to hold long-term.
Musk isnt replacing rails so its safe to say its the one industry that will be here in 50 years.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
Sanyo wrote: Alot of lumber mills were also closed all over the world cause of the virus.
Yeah but he is saying there is just a lot of lumber right now sitting around doing nothing...

Will see what happens. Mmmm
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2018
1031 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
CP Rail going at CN Rail.
Canadian National Has History of Over Promising and Underdelivering

The Canadian National management team has significantly underperformed over a decade and has a track record of underdelivering against its own projections. Specifically, Canadian National has been the worst performing Class 1 railroad over the last 10 years by total shareholder return. This calls into question the financial projections they have made regarding a CN/KCS combination and puts significant value at risk for KCS shareholders.

Importantly, Canadian National has consistently delivered inferior safety and accident performance. In contrast, Canadian Pacific has been North America's safest Class 1 railroad for 15 consecutive years based on Federal Railroad Administration-reportable train accident frequency.

Canadian Pacific and its management team led by CEO Keith Creel have consistently outperformed the industry with a track record of exceeding expectations. In addition, Keith Creel, a native of Alabama, brings deep knowledge of the US rail networks and extensive operating background, essential to making a combination with KCS successful.
https://www.cpr.ca/en/media/canadian-pa ... y-southern
The Distracted Investor

Dividends through quality companies 😃 Though I usually lose money with trades :facepalm:
Jun 8, 2015
81 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Added to MFC and BEP. Anyone still adding CHR? Thinking of starting a position in it.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jenneth wrote: Yeah but he is saying there is just a lot of lumber right now sitting around doing nothing...

Will see what happens. Mmmm
According to a lumber analyst on BNN, the price of raw logs basically hasn't moved especially in the US as they have excess timber available for harvest but are having a hard time getting it processed into lumber which adds to what @Sanyo is saying.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2823 posts
1493 upvotes
How is Suncor? Newbie investor here
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10989 posts
13539 upvotes
craftsman wrote: According to a lumber analyst on BNN, the price of raw logs basically hasn't moved especially in the US as they have excess timber available for harvest but are having a hard time getting it processed into lumber which adds to what @Sanyo is saying.
Alternative use that pays more now and that is "putting on volume" later.
global-resources-investment-ideas-news- ... #p34371224
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)